Monday, December 12, 2011

Trending Next Spring: Wrist Shindigs

Get ready for your mind to be blown. This is not actually a clothing trend, but an accessory trend! I thought I'd have some fun and switch it up a bit, yeah? I was getting bored of just reporting on trends, yet I'm too overwhelmed by the internet to put together the holiday wishlist that I will get around to doing, just like the fourteen (and counting--like that freaky TLC show about the family with approximately a billion children) other things on my to-do list. 

If you've been reading my blog since this summer, you'll know that I can always appreciate a decent arm party (the term coined by the Man Repeller that refers to wearing several bracelets on your wrists at once), and have been known to sport one every now and again. Let it also be known, and my family can attest to this, that from the ages of eight to ten or eleven, I hosted my own arm soirées made of paper and plastic bracelets. Hey, I was on a budget. Don't judge. Harshly. 

Since Leandra has become on avid party-er, it comes as no surprise to me that sporting oodles and caboodles of bracelets are a trend for next spring. Hell, they're a trend now. The designers are a bit behind on their forecasting this year. Pick up the pace, guys. 

Are we ready to check out our photos for the night? Did I hear a "yes, ma'am?" Let's get this party started (pun intended). 

All photos courtesy of harpersbazaar.com.

Arm parties à la...
Donna Karan 

Fendi

Carolina Herrera

Marni

Marni

Giambattista Valli

And you thought that wearing jewelry was no big deal...are you seeing this--this fixture on the model's arm at Giambattista Valli? That's not even a party, that's like a royal ball. Hot damn. You could probably knock someone out with those huge wooden bangles from Donna Karan, you know. Fashion can be so dangerous sometimes. 

That's all on accessories for now, but we've got seven more to cover before spring rolls around. I feel bad that I haven't done many outfit posts recently, but I think it'll be better to wait until I've got my tripod and remote (hint, hint, mom), unless it's a really, really good outfit. For example, I wore my new polka dot suspenders from ASOS today, but I think I could've styled them better, so when I do, I'll take pictures. When I've got proper equipment, there should be more photos more often. 

You can catch a sneak peek of my latest Chictopia article right here on my blog tomorrow at noon, which may or may not be before it goes live on Everybody Is Ugly. 

Once again (I'm gonna do this every post, so don't get tired of it!), here's a reminder to follow my blog if you read it often. Remember: you don't have to have a Blogspot account to follow. Just click the words "Follow this blog" for a photo tutorial (by me, so it's super easy to understand) on how to do so. 

Happy Monday, everyone! That means it's almost Tuesday, which means it's almost Wednesday, which means it's almost Thursday, which means it's almost Friday! Optimism for life!

1 comment:

  1. Very very interesting. Entertaining as well! Thanks for the "hint, hint". I guess you'll just have to wait and see. Hint, hint!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!