Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Diversity

...Um, hi. My name is Odelia Kaly, and I have a blog called "You're A Tulle."

Why am I introducing myself, you ask? I figured you'd forgotten about me since it's been so long. You didn't? OH, THANK GOD, I WAS GETTING WORRIED! Don't worry, I have pictures! Of clothing I wore! In public! Taken by someone other than myself (and my windowsill)! Outdoors! Fragments!

So remember how I said that after midterms were over, I'd be back to my regular schedule? Well, I lied. Not intentionally, but things happen, am I right? (Yes.) I have finished reading all 493 pages of Jane Eyre tonight, and that's what was taking up most of my time, so now I should be back to a somewhat normal schedule. The key word here is "somewhat."

I'm a part of my school's photography club, which meets every other Tuesday, so I went to the meeting earlier this week. We walked to the Columbus Circle Holiday Market (the Union Square one is way better. So much prettier. And more crowded, but totally worth it. Just sayin'.) I cajoled my friend Octavia into taking my pictures for me, which she obligingly did. I also coerced my friend Mayo (that's pronounced my-oh, not may-oh) into holding all of my stuff. She's tiny, so I probably could've inadvertently killed her by crushing her with my backpack and denim jacket. Sorry 'bout that. Enough of me blabbing, let's get to the photos!

All photos taken by Octavia Bürgel.
(Note that it was raining quite hard, so my hair looks grosser than it usually does. It will also explain the last picture.)

Let's pretend I don't look slightly cross-eyed, ok?

Dress: from India (the country) via my grandma
Belt: my mom's
Denim jacket: Gap via Angel Street Thrift Shop
Necklace: from Africa (the continent) via my great-aunt Barbara 
(Invisible) socks: my sock drawer? 
(Invisible) shoes: Urban Outfitters

*Fun fact:* The name of this post is "Diversity" because my dress is from India and my necklace is African, and Mayo said I was very "ethnic" that day.

This is the one post where you'll see me smiling in photos a lot. It must be all that fresh air. It does weird things to people. (Just kidding, I smile all the time. I probably laugh more than I draw during art class.)

Octavia felt bad that her shadow kept covering my shoes, so here they are!

Candid shots are the best. They're the only way you can get creepy people walking behind you, where your eyes are secretly looking glaring at him, and he's secretly looking at you questioning your sanity.

And the jacket comes off. Oh hey, guys! I was getting a little drenched, btdubz.

Basking in the glory of nature. Ahhh.

Quickie update: here's the link to my newest Chictopia article.

I have a feeling I'm forgetting something, story of my life! It'll come to me. Five days later. 

See you all soon, hopefully. 

P.S. Remember to follow my blog if you read it often and/or want to show your support! Just click the button below for instructions. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!