Monday, April 30, 2012

Can I Have Your Closet: Annabel La Riva

When I first saw Annabel La Riva, I totally thought she was an art major. At my school, there are certain ways that people from specific majors dress; it's just a fact. Then there are people who manage to break the mold and be unpredictable; that would be Annabel. It wasn't until I saw her singing in a concert that I realized she was a vocal major. It was a pretty exciting moment for me. Probably a little too exciting. It probably didn't warrant as much excitement as I gave it. What can I say, I love surprises.

Annabel's style is a conglomeration of several different things, which is great because you never know what she's going to have on. Sometimes she wears ripped tights with high waisted shorts or maybe a velvet dress, or perhaps a button up shirt and jeans. She's the one I got the idea of wearing a choker from. Bringin' back the nineties one girl at a time. Since she's so inconsistent (in a good way) with her clothing, Annabel is always giving me new ideas for what to wear. Some people wear the same thing everyday and I just want to shoot them, so needless to say I do not want to shoot Annabel. A lil' transitive property there, guys. There's an experimental vibe that one gets from her, as well as the fact that she knows what she's doing. That's always a good thing. Ignorance iz st-00pid!

Before I stop speaking English, I'll just cut to the interview. 

Odelia: How would you describe your style?
Annabel: Well, kind of like a jumble of things. It's not really consistent.
Odelia: Are there three styles that you could think of that you combine usually?
Annabel: I guess, [makes air quotes] “sophisticated,” if that's a style, and then it's a little punky, and I guess hipster.
Odelia: Who are your fashion icons and who do you admire aesthetically?
Annabel: In terms of fashion designers and stuff I really like Chanel, obviously, and I like Elie Saab, and I really like Sky Ferreira, you know, really cool chick right there.
Odelia: Where are your favorite places to shop?
Annabel: I really like American Apparel, Urban Outfitters, thrift stores, and then just a bunch of random places, just a collection of places.
Odelia: If you could own one item right now that you don't have, what would it be?
Annabel: [pauses for a while] Wow, um...
Odelia: It can be a piece of clothing, jewelry, whatever, or like an accessory...
Annabel: This is really weird because I really want a lot, but right now--
Odelia: You just can't think of it.
Annabel: I just can't think of it!
Odelia: This has happened to so many people I've asked that question. Okay, we can go onto the next one and then come back that. Would you say that fashion is a big focus in your life?
Annabel: I think so. It's not like I'm planning my outfits everyday but I do try to look fresh.
Odelia: Okay, that was the last question, so if you...maybe not even an item that you want, more just a thing that you have admired from afar.
Annabel: Okay. Oh! I really wanted these short pastel Doc Martens, but then, now they are not online anymore so I can't get them.  

Photos by me. 

The doily socks, the choker--we're two peas in a pod, I'm tellin' ya. 

Doctah Marten iz in da house! 

Just smizing, you know how it iz. #modellife

I totally wish I had a bag like this. I don't really like pink, but pastel is so in for spring. This is so on trend that I can't even complete my sent

Okay, I definitely had this choker as a child. Or an identical one. Why did my mother I get rid of it. 

The white button up shirt adds some classiness and the skirt adds originality. The jacket ties it all together. 

Isn't she lovely? Fer sherr. 

In other news, I have discovered the winner of the giveaway using a random number generator (random.org). It's Sadie Heisler; remember her? Congratulations Sadie! You should get an email really, really soon in case you don't see this. 

If you didn't win this time, don't you worry your little head. I'll be having plenty of giveaways in the future. It's just the first year! The party ain't over yet, y'all! 

Final note of the day: I'm going to a Charlene Kaye concert tomorrow, and I'm mega pumped. Hopefully I'll have some pictures to show for it later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!