Friday, April 20, 2012

Majoring in Housewifery

If there's one place I want to be it's in a different era. Confused you there a little bit, didn't I? Yeah. The next best thing to actually being in a separate time period is pretending that you are. And what's the easiest way to do that? Dress like it. I always say that I want to be in 1920s Paris, but that one's a little tricky to replicate. As we learned from Nora the other day, twenties clothes are madd tuff (not in the light, porous rock formed by consolidation of volcanic ash way, in the misspelled version of "tough" way) to get a hold of, and if you do by some incredible feat, they're cray-cray expensive. You know where this is going...(That fish cray.)

I don't believe I've mentioned it before, but I do quite love the 1950s as well. What a cute decade! Poodle skirts and tacky diners...yum. My cousin Emma used to say she wanted to be a fifties housewife when she grows up. Last week when I was visiting my cousins, Emma's brother was making fun of the fact that she's a Sociology major by comparing it to majoring in housewifery. I thought it was hilarious and fitting due to the style of my dress; hence, the title of this post. There ya go. 

I got this dress when I went to Williamsburg with Olive last week. I saw it and I was like, "Oh hot damn this is my jam I need this." It fits perfectly and it's quite beautiful and it's vintage and comfortable so basically it's flawless. I'd like the neckline to be even higher (I guess I'm really a Puritan at heart--I like my necklines high and my hemlines low), but ya can't have it all. Not even Adele

Photos by ma soeur. 

Dress: Eber
Shoes: Jacques Levine
Necklace: It's Spongebob, so...yeah.

Whoa...doin' some artsy stuff with that camera, Rachel (that's my sister). This is some craz-E mind-boggling perspective usage here. 

"Don't sass me, or else you don't get any dinner. And I made chicken." That's what I would be saying if I were actually a fifties housewife. Me really saying that quote is also highly improbable because I only know how to cook things using microwaves. 

Look how fluffy it is! Yum yum yum yum yum--delicioso! 

Just so you know, the next time you see photos of me, I may look slightly different. No hints, you'll just have to be surprised. I'm keeping your life interesting by doing so. You're quite welcome.

Merry happy Friday!

P.S. Don't forget to enter the giveaway! You can win a free dress. Hop to it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!