Saturday, April 28, 2012

Superior Smizers: Arizona Muse

If you've been reading this blog for a while, you'll know that I have a massive girlcrush on Arizona Muse. I have a label for her on my blog; that's how often I mention her. I can't remember when exactly my love for her began, but I know that it's been going strong ever since I laid eyes on her. Don't think I only like her for her looks--that would be superficial. No, no, she has a beautiful soul as well (Jesse McCartney references, anyone?). How many active supermodels do you know of that have had a child? Hmmm? She's also one of the only smizers who is not considered underweight and is often used as an example of a healthy model. How perfekt is she? Madd perf yo. 


Enough fangirling for right now, let's get down to da facts. She was born in Tucson, Arizona on September 18, 1988. I'm actually laughing so hard at the fact that her parents literally named her after the state in which she entered the world. That's like how a girl I know told me that her friend's parents named their daughter Female (pronounced Feh-mahl-ay) because when they received the birth certificate they thought the doctors had already named her when in fact they were just looking at her gender. That one gets me every time. I digress. Arizona's childhood was spent in Santa Fe, New Mexico, where she led an average American teenage life. Or perhaps it was a secret life of the American teenager, because she gave birth to her son Nikko in 2009 at age 21, which is kinda young. Not really sure who the baby daddy is; maybe we could do a gel electrophoresis test to find out (using big words I learned in science class will make the peers enjoy me and put money in the pockets). Arizona began modeling in 2008 as a long-haired blonde from the midwest...it's no surprise that she didn't really make it that far. She took a hiatus for about two years during which she had Nikko, cut her hair to a chin-length bob and dyed it brown. In 2010, she reemerged in the fashion industry and became one of the biggest models in the world. She started off modeling for Urban Outfitters, which is where I discovered her. (Fellow Urban model Anais Pouliot also became a supermodel after she stopped working for the clothing store; she's now one of the faces of Louis Vuitton.) Arizona has walked in every big show (think Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Dolce & Gabbana, Prada, Jil Sander, Chloe, Isabel Marant, Fendi, Yves Saint Laurent, Marc Jacobs, Alberta Ferretti; the list goes on and on and on and on) and has become a street style favorite. She's won the hearts of editors such as Anna Wintour, who has said about her: "When I look at Arizona, I see shadows of Linda Evangelista and Natalia Vodianova, but most of all I see her, a gorgeous, smart, grown-up. And how could anyone resist someone with that name?" The woman speaks da troof. The name Arizona Muse is practically begging you to worship her. 


Now you must experience for yourself the beauty that is Arizona Muse. 


Photos via harpersbazaar.com, tumblr.com and urbanoutfitters.com.


Those eyes...those eyebrows...that smile...she's literally perfect. 

Even without a lot of makeup on, she's freaking gorgeous. Even with no makeup, she's freaking gorgeous.

I could probably stare at her forever. No offense to my mom, but I kinda wish Arizona had given birth to me instead. Nikko Muse is a lucky little bastard (I mean that literally--Arizona is not married).

This is what she looked like as a model for Urban Outfitters. This is how I found her. You understand now why I fell in love with her.

This is her on the Stella McCartney spring 2011 runway. She was one of the first people to ombre her hair, and thus began a revolution. An epidemic, if you recall. 

This was taken soon after she cut her hair (Emily Weiss got to her first, though; Arizona told her all about how when she was getting ready for the Vogue Paris shoot (see the first photo in this post), the hair stylist Christiaan just kept chopping away and it ended up like this. Needless to say, pictures of Arizona dominate my haircut inspiration folder on my computer.).

Spotted on the streets of some fancy European city, no doubt. Arizona lookin' perf in a basic black dress and a bare face.  


I could probably devote an entire blog to her, but I'll just quit while I'm ahead. 


Enjoy your Saturday, and remember to ENTER THE GIVEAWAY! Time is running out! You have around 36 hours to follow my blog, leave a comment with your name and email address (and maybe follow me on Tumblr, Twitter, Facebook and Bloglovin' for extra entries) in order to win an awesome Threadsence dress! FOR FREE! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!