Wednesday, April 11, 2012

CHICTOPIA SNEAK PEEK! IMPACT: The CFDA at FIT

I went to see the "IMPACT: 50 Years of the CFDA" exhibit at the Museum at FIT. You know how much I love that place (remember how much I fangirl-ed over the Daphne Guinness exhibit?), so of course this show was incredible. I wrote a lil' story about it on Chictopia. Be sure to click those massive words at the very end of this post to continue reading the whole thing, since I'm not allowed to publish the entire article on here. It's just one itsy bitsy clickeroony and you can keep reading. Pleez & thank yoo! 


The word “impact” is quite powerful in itself. The Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) holds plenty of prestige. Fifty years is a long time. Mush ‘em all together and what do you get? The exhibit at the Museum at the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) in New York, “IMPACT: 50 Years of the CFDA.” I’m a huge fan myself of this particular museum because:
1) it is free
2) I love FIT
3) they have the best exhibits, always.
A few days ago, I went down to see this exhibit, which had gotten a lot of hype—with good reason. The expositions there are beautiful every time without fail, but it’s incredible to see how they transform the space each time they put up a new show. The setup looked completely different from the way it was when I saw the Daphne Guinness exhibit several months ago (three times, might I add).

Here’s a little background info for you: the CFDA was founded in 1962 by the publicist Eleanor Lambert and fifty leading American fashion designers. The reason for its conception was to recognize the talent of designers in the United States. Since the date of its beginning, the CFDA has accumulated over 400 members, including Halston, Geoffrey Beene, Bill Blass, Oscar de la Renta, Michael Kors, Marc Jacobs, Proenza Schouler, Donna Karan, Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Rodarte and Tom Ford. That’s only twelve of them. Its current president (as well as a member of the council), Diane von Furstenberg, created the exhibit with FIT to honor the fifty years of CFDA (ohhhhh).

***

And here's those big ol' words I was telling you to press earlier. Commence clicking...NOW! RIGHT HERE!

Merry Christmas Wednesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!