Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Dream Is My Reality

Not only is the title of this post a reference to a fantastically awful French movie entitled "La Boum," it's also a succinct description of two aspects of my night yesterday. Wanna know what I did last night? Guess. Do it. (Hint: I told you about it in this post.)

Da suspense is killin' you, right?! I'll just tell you. Olive and I went to the H&M flagship store on 5th Avenue and 51st Street to celebrate something to do with the NBC show "Fashion Star." It was hosted by Nicole Richie, and it was freaking incredible. I won't tell you too much because next week's Chictopia article will essentially be hardcore story-time. (Speaking of Chictopia, didja check out my new article from Monday night?) I will tell you that I finally wore that vintage Elie Tahari velvet sheath dress I bought at No Relation Vintage with Chris and Ben. I've been fantasizing about wearing it to a classy party with a 1920s hairstyle and my black round toe heels ever since I got it. Olive helped complete my Great Gatsby look by doing a pretty fancy smoky eye on me that I could have never accomplished otherwise. Snaps for her. 

The party was basically people shopping at H&M and mingling. Highlights of the night: 
1) when I was approximately five inches from Nicole Richie  
2) when I had really great conversations with Natalie Suarez, Nadia Sarwar and Claire Geist. (They all looked amazing; I was pretty starstruck. Just conversing with extremely famous bloggers on a Tuesday night, da yooj.)

Photos by me. 

Da partay scene! Check out all the minglin' singles! (eHarmony should use this as their website's main photo, no?)

Nicole Richie. Looking like a boss with her top knot and such. 

Aww shucks, ain't she just the cutest darn thang you e'er saw? 

These balloons hit several people in the head. They were about the size of a capybara

The only reason I got this photo is because the paparazzi were so annoying and rude. They were all guys (go figure) and kept shouting at Nicole to turn around. It was extremely infuriating. The only other reason I got this photo is because a terribly nice camera man told me where I'd be able to see her best and helped me stand up on a step stool to get better shots. Thanks, man! 


Her tattoos are pretty awesome. I still think Romy wins, but you can't beat dandelions. 

Photos by my sister. 


Dress: vintage Elie Tahari via No Relation Vintage 
(Invisible) Shoes: ??? #thrift store shwag 
(Also invisible) Polka dot tights: I got 'em from my mama! 
Haircut: Olive 

Sorry about the bad photo quality. It was dark, it was late, Rachel was impatient. 

H&M represent!! Feeling pretty hyped, if you can't tell. 

Let's get down to business. When the hand goes on the hip, it's sassy time.

C'est Olive and I. I wish you could see her dress; it was pretty jammin'. We both got complements on our dresses/jewelry from Nadia Sarwar, at which point I internally freaked out. 

That's about it for today. Except...

Enter the giveaway! 
I'm going to keep bugging you until you do it. All you really have to do is follow my blog and leave a comment below with your name and email address. If you want to get fancy, you can also follow me on Bloglovin'FacebookTwitter and/or Tumblr for extra entries, a.k.a. a better chance of winning. To quote Nike, JUST DO IT. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!