Thursday, January 19, 2012

Solutions For Laziness

We've all been there. It's 10 p.m. You've been studying for finals reading blogs and obsessively checking Facebook all evening, and now you're dead tired. You have no desire to get up early in the morning to wash your hair because honestly, it's not dirty, but wearing it in clips all day made it look a bit extremely wonky. How do we fix this problem? Turband it. I bought an incredible vintage square scarf from my faves place, Hamlet's Vintage, back in May, and have turbanded twice since then; once in June and once in July. At the end of the latter month, however, I chopped off all my hair, and wearing such headscarves suddenly looked silly. Until yesterday.

I was faced with the dilemma described above, and needed a little bit of spunk in my outfit (80-minute exams all week make me thoroughly depressed, as well as the fact that Darren Criss was in my school today and I did not see him or know of this until several hours later, while at home. We shall not discuss this any further or I will burst into tears.). Solution: put your hair in a ponytail/braid/pigtails and then thread your scarf underneath your tied-up hair style of choice, knot it twice on the top of your head/hairline and tuck the resulting bunny ear flaps under the scarf. For a better tutorial, check it out from the source, Miss Man Repeller herself.

Anyway, below are pictures of what I wore with said critically acclaimed turband.
I had a blast taking these photos, I must say. I got a rush of adrenaline when I was lying on my back in my hallway with my feet on the wall, thinking about what would happen if the little old lady who lives across the hall came out and witnessed my actions.

Sweater: my dad's? White button-up: Diapositive Paris (given to me by my French aunt! In France!) Flare jeans: Abercrombie and Fitch via Housing Works Turband (it's a scarf but shhhh): Hamlet's Vintage Boots: Urban Outfitters

Things in this picture that shouldn't be happening: 
1. Me awkwardly pinching the sides of my sweater
2. Me looking abnormally pale (it's better than usual; often times I turn out an unnatural shade of green)
3. My jeans being unruly and thinking they're being worn by a teenage boy, and therefore looking baggy
4. One of my feet is just eating the other one 

Being pensive and contemplative, you know how it is. 

I have a secret: my shoe wasn't actually untied.

This is only effective because I was wearing flare jeans. Otherwise it would just be silly.

I decided to smile for once! I usually don't, which makes you think I'm an unhappy child. I laugh more than the average person, and generally at the most inopportune times, such as during tests, lectures, movies or funerals. 

Happy end-of-finals-week to all my schoolmates. Only three more times and we're done!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!