Monday, January 23, 2012

Headbands Are So...2012?

Headbands remind me of childhood days of playing on swings and jungle gyms; they recall fond memories of striving to resemble Junie B. Jones; I'm brought back to the summer of 2009, when I wore something in my hair every day for a month. The one thing I do not think of, however, is the red carpet. Headbands may seem girly and childish (I mean, they are), but some of my favorite little celebrity munchkins (this is an endearing term, I promise) have rocked them at many an important event, such as the Academy Awards and the Golden Globes.

I will now proceed to show you all the chickadees that have worn fancy shmancy headbands that made them look quite grown-up (and definitely not like they should be swinging on monkey bars).

Photos courtesy of harpersbazaar.com. 


Michelle Williams in Jason Wu at the Golden Globes 2012. 
I love her so much. If you haven't seen "My Week With Marilyn," you absolutely must, because she is phenomenal in it. She is beautiful, talented and has the exact hairstyle that I want. So basically, I am openly requesting that I become Michelle Williams. 

Hailee Steinfeld in Marchesa at the 2011 Academy Awards. She's my age. I could be wearing Marchesa. But I'm sitting at home in Little Miss Sunshine pajama pants and a t-shirt with a cheetah on it. We're practically twins. 

Dianna Agron in Mary Kantrantzou at the celebration of her Nylon magazine cover. 
How freaking cute is she?! My friend Elly loves her, and I can see why. I don't know about anyone else, but I really dug her pink hair. She totally owned it.

Charlize Theron in Dior Couture at the Golden Globe Awards 2012. That's a diamond headband you're seeing atop her famous head. I don't think any of us will be wearing one of those, unless you are in fact Charlize Theron, in which case I loved you in "Hancock." 

Elizabeth Olsen wearing a headband. She's that Olsen sibling that no one ever knew existed. Did you know they also have a brother?! His name is James (hence the twins' brand Elizabeth + James--it's genius). 

Alessandra Ambrosio in what appears to be Missoni at a party during New York Fashion Week in September. I feel like I have the same headband. It's the one I wore here. Sketchy stuff--mine is Missoni For Target, she's wearing Missoni...suspicious...

Feel free to break out your old headbands, gals (and guys, we don't discriminate here). Of course, a turband is always a welcome option, as well is a cute little ribbon, or anything else you want to slap on your head. No one else is going to put accessories in your hair, so why not do it yourself? Have fun with it. In fact, have a party. Don't forget the Party Mix!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!