Monday, January 9, 2012

Safari-ing on Sunday

Anyone know what the verb of "safari" is? I wasn't sure either.

As I walked out of my apartment to go to take pictures in my hallway, my sister said, "You look like a safari girl." I asked why, and she never responded. But I think it's because of the jacket I was wearing today. I found this while my mom was cleaning out one of our closets. She asked me if I wanted it and of course I did; I never turn down a worthy jacket. Except for I have so many now that I rarely wear. Another resolution to add to my list: wear more jackets in 2012. Easy enough.

I went to a museum early yesterday morning for a school project, but I wasn't going to just go out in shlumpy clothing. That's not how I roll. I mean, if I stay at home all day I wear my Little Miss Sunshine pajama pants and my Rangeley, Maine sweatshirt, but that's between us. The one thing I didn't really go to the museum in was the red lipstick. If I had, that would've been a bit pretentious. I would've walked in and it would have been as though I were saying, "Hey everyone! I'm at a museum at 10 in the morning but I'm annoying enough to go out of my way to look overdressed."

All photos taken by me.

Blouse: Missoni For Target
Jeans: Mavi via Buffalo Exchange
Jacket: Contact New York (I don't know what this is either)
Boots: my cousin's old riding boots
Bracelet: graduation present from my grandma (this is a permanent fixture on my wrist)

I was dead tired from waking up at 3 am by accident and not falling back asleep until 4 am, only to get up at 7:45. That's why I look like I'm going to kill you. 

I was pointing the remote at the camera and didn't have enough time to move my hand. Doesn't it make you feel like you're a television? Because I'm pointing a remote at you?

Rocking dem pigtailz! See how fluffy they are? They're like baby fountains sprouting from my head. That are made of hair. 

I have a ton of work this week, which is why this post was scheduled. They might be like that for a while. And then I have finals week. Who knows if I'll be able to blog at all. PLEASE HELP ME.

In the meantime, enjoy the unusual amount of outfit posts I've put up in the past few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!