Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Trending Next Spring: Great Gatsby

Remember how I was feelin' inspired by the 1920's? Well, it turns out that making like F. Scott Fitzgerald and Gatsby-ing it up is a trend for next spring.  At first, I was a lil' confused, because dressing like you're from the 1920's can usually only go one way: costume. And since there's really only one day each year during which it's socially acceptable to be a flapper (namely, yesterday), that didn't seem like a good idea for me. But leave it up to people like Karl Lagerfeld and Marc Jacobs to pull something incredible and wearable out of their caps--or should I say their feathered headbands?

If you're as dazed and perplexed as I was, let me show you how these high fashion couturiers did it.

(All photos courtesy of style.com)

Go all out flapper: 


                                  Chanel                                                                            Gucci
       

                             Marc Jacobs                                                                         Marc Jacobs
  

Take it to the streets...or just a fancy party:  

                                 Chanel                                                                              Dior
      

                               Marc Jacobs                                                                         Etro             

                               Rachel Zoe                                                           Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti
      

In other newz:
I forgot to mention that I went to the Daphne Guinness exhibit at the Museum at FIT on Friday. MORE TO COME ON THIS. IT WAS LIFE CHANGING. A little. 

My first post on Chictopia's Everybody is Ugly went up today! Check it out by clicking HERE!

I can post Halloween pictures soon, meaning probably tomorrow. You know me, never quite sure. 

I'm forgetting something, I know it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!