Saturday, October 29, 2011

Trending Next Spring: You're Making Me Blush!

You guessed it! Get ready to dress yourself in shades of blush and rose. This set of colors goes hand in hand with another color trend for next season, which is pastels. I tend to keep these a secret until I uncover them in a post, but mentioning that one was inevitable.

I'm personally not a fan of pink. I can actually only think of two articles of clothing in my entire wardrobe that are pink, and they're both in the blush/rose family, so I'm in luck (one of them is this sweater). I don't have a particularly girly style, so pink was never my thing. That's not to say my style is not feminine, because it is, but I often incorporate a bit of lumberjack chic into my outfits or throw on a pair of Timberlands with a floral skirt (which I did the other day) to toughen it up. Pink was always too soft for me.

If you're like me and are a bit reluctant to wear the cotton candy colored shade (insane alliteration there!), then you're about to be enlightened. If you're already a pink pro (there it is again!), you're about to be shown some new runway-approved ways of wearing the color.

(All photos courtesy of style.com)


Become a pink lady: 


                                  ADAM                                                                             Chanel
       

                         Alexander McQueen                                                             Alice + Olivia
       

                                   Givenchy                                                                       Jill Stuart
           

Play with soft shades and/or small doses: 


                                     Chanel                                                                           ChloĆ©
       

                                   Lanvin                                                                            Jil Sander Navy

                           
                               Louis Vuitton                                                                       Vera Wang
        

                               Phillip Lim                                                                         Valentino
            

Vera Wang

In other news...
What's up with this weather, am I right? Snow in October? WHAT IS THIS ABOMINATION? At the beginning of the month, it's 80 degrees, and now it's 43 degrees and snowing. Maybe instead of having a "time of the month" Mother Nature just has a month. I've written/read it so many times in the past few minutes that "month" now sounds stupid and has no meaning.

Halloween's on Monday, no duh, and I have two costumes this year. Flapper by day, metamorphmagus by night. I'm bringing my camera with me so I can show you my costumes. But here's the thing. I also wanna see your costumes. So you can do a few things, if you're interested in showing them to me or having them shown on my blog. You can a) email the photo to me at youreatulle@gmail.com b) post it on my blog's Facebook page c) Instagram it through Twitter if you're just that high-tech or d) all of the above.

The one good thing about this spaztastic weather is that it means that my mom has an excuse to cook. A lot. So far she's made chicken mushroom stew and peanut butter Rice Krispie treats. I, of course, have eaten too many Rice Krispies. It's like King Richard's Faire all over again but instead of kettlecorn, it's Rice Krispies.

Also, Project Runway ended on Thursday, and the outcome is highly controversial. I won't tell you who won, but the final episode was a big shockaroony. If anyone wants to discuss (which I will gladly do with anyone--I made a new Facebook friend by talking about during the show on a friend's wall), Facebook me up (the link is above), Tweet me @looneylovegood3 or email me (email address is also above).

Enjoy your winter day.


3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy these colors are making a comeback! i love girly & feminine colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!