Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I Wear High Fashion

High Fashion=thrifted Yves Saint Laurent sweater and Missoni For Target blouse.

Remember how I said that I got some of my Missoni For Target goodies a while ago? One of those goodies was a black and white zigzag blouse that I think is a bit too old for me, but I was determined to make it work, in the words of Tim Gunn (the "Project Runway" season finale is tomorrow night--Tim is on my mind). This is the outfit I wore to school on Monday:

(Photos taken by me, my windowsill and my Global History and Integrated Mathematics textbooks.)

Blouse: Missoni For Target
Sweater: YSL via Saver's
Jeans: Levi's
Socks: Spongebob!!! <--Love of my life
Shoes: Christian Siriano for Payless

That's me, awkwardly posing on the stairs. Believe it or not, this was one of the better ones of the bunch. You don't want to know what the others looked like. 

My High Fashion neck area. 

Funny story about this photo: it looks like I was being super model-ish and posing, right? Wrong. I was actually tucking my hair behind my ear at the last second and my arm was photographed on the way down. Seeing it now? 

This is my newly pierced ear. I got my second hole done on Sunday, when my sister was getting her ears pierced for the first time. It's supurrr exciting!! 

And now for the bad news: 
Where was the good news? Let's pretend there was so that this still applies. I didn't win the photo contest. Go figure. I was in 3rd place, and I needed to be in the top two to win. Typiqual Odelia: so close but yet so far. 

Here's the good news: 
My first article as one of the new Fashion Editors for Everybody Is Ugly on Chictopia goes up on Tuesday! I'm in the same category as some the most eclectic fashion bloggers out there, Iris and Daniel. That is actually really exciting and quite humbling. 

I have a science exam tomorrow, so here's where I sign off.
Peace (Love and Baby Ducks).

4 comments:

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!