Thursday, October 13, 2011

Trending Next Spring: Show Some Leg

And when I say "some leg," I mean your entire leg. Both of them.

This is the first in a series of many posts that will prove to you why next spring's trends are, well, trends. Using digital photographic proof. That I have been collecting for weeks. That's the big secret surprise blog project. And trust me, it's been well worth it. I feel so educated now.

If you have been keeping tabs on the spring 2012 collections, or have checked the Man Repeller recently (that girl is always one step ahead of me... and makin' me look unoriginal.) you'll have noticed that booty shorts, especially the high-waisted kind, are hot stuff for next season. They're one of the biggest trends of the season, actually. That's not the greatest news for me, since I don't wear really short things often ever, but it actually looks good on those runways. I'm excited to see how people interpret it. I'm sure the girls at my school are just ecstatic about this trend. It turns out April Johnston from Project Runway season 8 knew what she was doing when she sent her model down the runway in what Michael Kors described as a diaper.

Speaking of diapers, that's one of the things that you want to avoid looking like you're wearing when trying this trend. As a rule of thumb, unless you're buying Versace shorts, steer clear of white. J. Crew's version of the booty short looked a bit diaper-ish:


That's one way of how to not wear them well. I could go on and on about how to own those shorts (and work that up 'do), but instead I'll just show you. And awaaaaaaaay we go! 

(All photos courtesy of style.com)

Go all out cray-cray: 

                                        Chanel                                                               House of Holland
       

                                        D&G                                                                Dolce and Gabbana
                                       Rochas                                                            Balenciaga                   
      

Show your girly side: 

                         Alexander McQueen                                                               DKNY
             

                                  Versace                                                                    Yigal AzrouĆ«l 
           

Get sophisticated: 


                                     Erdem                                                                      Jason Wu
      

                                  Jill Stuart                                                                  Louis Vuitton
      
                             
                                                                               Vera Wang

Everyone's in on the act this season! From Chanel to Erdem to Vera Wang to Balenciaga, everyone was feeling the booty shorts vibe that was circulating around the designosphere. That's a phrase that I just made up, and it refers to the world of fashion designing, the way blogosphere refers to the world of blogging. 

This is the first of over 15 trends that I'm going to show you, so that there's something for everyone. GET EXCITED, GUYS!!! 

A few quick updates: 
1. I was published on Huffington Post High School today! Check out the article here.
2. My friend Ben Korman is working on my making my blog better, so a few of those pages at the top of the website might be wacking out a bit. It's all part of the process. 
3. Tonight on Project Runway, they're choosing the final three. I'm flipping out. If Anya doesn't win, it'll be Mondo-loss-depression all over again. 

Thank gooseness tomorrow is Friday, am I right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!