Monday, October 17, 2011

Trending Next Spring: Sophisticated Lounge Wear

Sophisticated Lounge Wear is also known as slouchy suits in my head.

The arrival of the slouchy suit began in the fall 2011 collections, but hit its peak during spring 2012. Or should I say will hit its peak in spring 2012.

When people think lounge wear, they think yoga pants, camisoles, tank tops, maybe some fuzzy slippers. No one ever automatically thinks of a suit. This spring, designers are getting you to think again, maybe this time outside the box. Suits and power dressing are not for everyone, yet menswear for women is coming back, so the genius designers out there in the designosphere figured out a way to make suits more versatile: hence, the slouchy suit.

Some designers took the classy approach and kept their designs in simple and familiar shapes and/or color palettes (Lanvin, Tibi, DVF), while others went all out and redefined the slouchy suit (Haider Ackermann, Paul and Joe, Maison Martin Margiela).

Don't worry, if you like wearing sharp, crisp suits then more power to ya (pun: power dressing), but for those of us who don't compromise comfort, this is the trend that will change our lives. Maybe.

Here's a few ways to rock this trend like an overenthusiastic child on a rocking horse:

(All photos courtesy of style.com)

Keep it simple: 


                                     Lanvin                                                                   Stella McCartney
           

                              3.1 Phillip Lim                                                                         Tibi
           

                              Band of Outsiders                                                       Diane von Furstenburg
           

Be different: 


                                 Isabel Marant                                                        Maison Martin Margiela
      

                                  The Row                                                                      Doo.Ri
       

                              Dries van Noten                                                           Haider Ackermann
       
                            Haider Ackermann                                                            Paul and Joe
       

How fun are these? I'm totally down. Can you dig those Haider Ackermann suits? I think they're rad. (Note: This is how I speak on a regular basis. Those suits really are that rad.

UPDATES: 
1. If you didn't see my post about the Club Monaco Get Inspired Contest, my photo was chosen as a finalist in said contest. If I win, I get a camera, clothing and many blog mentions. Aka the recipe to happiness. All you have to do is help a sista out is set your Facebook language to English (UK) (go to the arrow in the upper right hand corner, click "account settings" and then click the "edit" button next to the language at the bottom of the list and select "English (UK)" and save) because they somehow thought I was British and am entered in the UK contest. Then go to THIS LINK: http://www.facebook.com/clubmonaco?sk=app_224430347610885 and click the heart next the picture called "Dirty Jobs." It's a picture of a sign that says "Art is a dirty job but somebody's got to do it." It's in the third row. I have until October 26th to get the most votes, but you can only vote once a day. So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE vote for my picture. If I were to win, I'd be the happiest person ever. Happy blogger=happy readers!
2. I applied for a few jobs, so I'll let you know soon if I get any of them (hint: one involves sewing and the other involves writing--my two favorite activities. What could possibly go wrong? Besides not getting the jobs, of course.)
3. I lack sleep at the moment, so don't be hatin' if I'm away from my blog for a few days. It's not likely, but just in case. 

Have a happy evening, and remember to VOTE VOTE VOTE!

2 comments:

  1. LOOOVED all ur trend and spring show posts! all of them! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Aimee!

    How did you find my blog? Just curious because it's not that well known.

    xo Odelia

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!