Monday, October 24, 2011

Trending Next Spring: Show Your True Colors

Thought colorblocking was over? Lies and slander. If anything, colorblocking is back with a vengeance. She was all over the place during the shows--Chloé, Louis Vuitton, Ruffian...errywhere. Mostly Chloé, though. She milked the colorblocked cow for all she's worth. She's worth an entire Spring/Summer 2012 collection, evidently.

Last spring, a big trend was neon colorblocking, but next spring, feel free to block whateva colors you want, girl/boy. Lemme show you how it's done.

(All photos courtesy of style.com)

Say it loud and clear:


                             Christian Siriano                                                            House of Holland
           

                                   Jill Stuart                                                                    Kinder Aggugini
          

                              Nanette Lepore                                                                 Ruffian
          

Tone it down: 


                                  Chloé           (Arizona Muse right next to herself!)          J. Mendel
                                 Chloé                                                                           Lanvin
    

                                  Chloé                                                                     Louis Vuitton
    

I told you Chloé dominated. I actually had nine pictures of evidence from that collection, but only chose three. I wanted to give you several ways to wear said trend. 

Just so you know, I discovered three new trends that I now have to comb my archives for evidence for...awesome. 

Also, my new article for Everybody is Ugly on Chictopia goes up this Thursday--GET PUMPED, EVERYONE! 

Double also: I see a giveaway in (y)our future soon...maybe a little Missoni For Target involved, perhaps?

Triple also (is this allowed?!): As you may remember, a photograph of mine was selected as a finalist in the Club Monaco Get Inspired contest. I really want to win. No duh. All you have to do to help a sista out is set your Facebook language to UK English (you won't notice the difference, and ya might like it) because I'm entered in the UK contest. To do that, you have to go to the arrow in the upper right hand corner and click "account settings." The last thing on the list is language, so click "edit" and select "English (UK)" and then go to this link: http://www.facebook.com/clubmonaco?sk=app_224430347610885



...and click the heart next to the picture called "Dirty Jobs." It's a picture of a sign that says "Art is a dirty job but somebody's got to do it." It should be in the third row.


I have until October 26th to get the most votes, but you can only vote once a day. So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE vote for my picture, if I were to win, I would honestly be the happiest girl on the face of the earth. That doesn't include non-human girls, because I have no idea how happy some ladybug might be.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE. I LOVE YOU ALL.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!