Saturday, October 22, 2011

Time Travelling

No, I don't actually travel through time. But my head did, the other day.
Let me tell you a story. (When was the last time you heard this?)
This one's really short though.

So the day that I wore the outfit below, I walked out of Global class after first period and my friend Simone was about to go in the same room for second period Global, and she goes, "HIPPIE!!" referring to me. Here's why:


...Because of this headband. I have a secret about this headband. Two actually. 1) it's not mine. It's Lola's. 2) I wore it so that people wouldn't notice the 2nd head growing between my eyes. It seemed to have worked.

Dress, socks and shoes: Urban Outfitters (typiqual that three fifths of my outfit is from there)
Cardigan: Erik Stewart via my mom 
Headband: Lola

I found a new place to take pictures for the time being: the staircase in my hallway. There's a window facing the stairs, and it worked pretty well. At least I'm in focus this time. 

The hard thing about taking pictures in my hallway is that when someone else is walking in the hall it's awkward, because I've got a stack of textbooks and a camera and I'm just chillin' (the textbooks are to prop my camera up on for added height, not to study from).

So focused.

Thermal knee socks are one of the great inventions of the 20th century. And awkward knee juxtaposition is one of my great inventions.

If this dress looks familiar, it's because you've seen it before. Probably several times. Like here, for example. I basically have lived in it for the past few months. The elastic in the waist is worn out, so it feels like a shift dress, while the shirring makes it look like the elastic serves a purpose. It's great. 

My head. 

My foot. 

This is a bit of quick post, because I'm a bit of a lazy bum this weekend. I didn't leave my apartment at all today, and I've been wearing my pajamas for nearly 24 hours. Slightly problematic.

Just a few quick notes, meaning ONE VERY IMPORTANT NOTE:

As you may remember, a photograph of mine was selected as a finalist in the Club Monaco Get Inspired contest. I really want to win. No duh. All you have to do to help a sista out is set your Facebook language to UK English (you won't notice the difference, and ya might like it) because I'm entered in the UK contest. To do that, you have to go to the arrow in the upper right hand corner and click "account settings." The last thing on the list is language, so click "edit" and select "English (UK)" and then go to this link: http://www.facebook.com/clubmonaco?sk=app_224430347610885

...and click the heart next to the picture called "Dirty Jobs." It's a picture of a sign that says "Art is a dirty job but somebody's got to do it." It should be in the third row.

I have until October 26th to get the most votes, but you can only vote once a day. So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE vote for my picture, if I were to win, I would honestly be the happiest girl on the face of the earth. That doesn't include non-human girls, because I have no idea how happy some ladybug might be.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE. I LOVE YOU ALL.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!