Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Collar Me Pink

You all know how much I love puns, so I couldn't resist.

Midterms finally ended today, so I'm free as a bird! I also have so many ideas lined up for posts, it's ridiculous. Mentally prepare yourselves.

Back to the title: you'll see in just a moment that the other day I wore my YSL sweater and my Liz Claiborne silk top (wore here, here, here and here) and my new Mavi jeans that I picked up from Buffalo Exchange on Sunday. If you've never been to/heard of Buffalo Exchange, it's essentially the best thrift store I've ever shopped at. It has a huge selection of very reasonably priced goods (I saw a pair of Docs there for $28 and my friend got a pair of really nice shoes for $11 the other week). They have a lot of designer stuff as well--tons of (Marc by) Marc Jacobs, Tommy Hilfiger, some Prada, Cheap Monday--the list goes on. I almost died when I went there the other day because I got a pair of high-waisted Cheap Monday jeans for $14 and a Marc by Marc Jacobs tote bag for $15. Greatest finds ever.

Before I show you my pictures, I'd just like to talk about my new photo venue. I can't use my hallway anymore because it gets dark before I get home, so the hallway is too dark to use. I have resorted to using my bedroom, which is why you'll see me standing in front of a shelf of boardgames and such. Don't ask questions. And to answer the question you're not allowed to ask, no I do not play Dungeons and Dragons.


All photos taken by me and a dresser (I asked for a tripod and remote for Hanukah so hopefully I won't have to prop my camera up on furniture for much longer).

Ignore the clothing/baskets in the background. THOSE ARE AN ILLUSION.

Blouse: Liz Claiborne
Sweater: YSL
Jeans: Mavi
Socks: Spongebob (yes, I am legit)
Shoes: Christian Siriano for Payless

I'm kind of obsessed with cuffing my jeans recently. It reminds me of J. Crew and of being a kool kid. I've been fantasizing about wearing cuffed, straight leg jeans for a while now, and my dreams have finally come true. 



And there you have it. Also my hair is in pigtails, so yeah. I felt like an especially kool kid with my pigtails, cuffed jeans and Spongebob socks.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving (no der), so happy Turkey Day to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!