Saturday, November 26, 2011

Scarlet Slacks

Maybe "scarlet" is a bit much, but you all know how I like plays on words--puns, alliterations, the whole deal. You also know how much I love to study trends, but never actually adhere to them. So here's another great trend that I've spotted on the interwebs that I don't really intend on trying out, mainly because I'm not quite sure where I'd find reasonably priced red pants. I started noticing this little guy peaking out when I saw Aimee Song of Song of Style and Natalie of Natalie Off Duty wearing red jeans within a few days of each other. Now, these are some pretty fashionable gals, so I started rifling through my archives and found a few other examples to prove my point. Lemme show ya! 

Aimee Song of Song of Style

A showgoer in Milan from fashion week back in September


Natalie of Natalie Off Duty

A woman spotted last spring on the streets of New York

See? SEE? Yes. The trend is there, and this time it's current! I'm not a whole season ahead, you'll all be happy to know. You may have noticed that I've posted a lot about the color red lately (do you recall this post, this one and this one, too?). I also have It's because it's one of my favorite colors right now. I've always loved it, but it's having a big moment. 

I hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving. I don't believe my family actually gave thanks for anything at any point--we just kind of ate. And I, of course, have kept on eating; I have something of a sweet tooth. That's an understatement: if I were to have one tooth in my mouth that were my sweet tooth, it would take up all the space in there. That's how much I like sugar. It's really a huge problem (whatever pun that was there was intended).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!