Monday, November 7, 2011

Current Obsessions: Bordeaux & Velvet

I wasn't originally intending to combine the two into one post, but it just so happens that everyone else who likes velvet thinks it looks best in a shade of burgundy. Crazy stuff, if you ask me.

While in Urban Outfitters the other day, I realized that I'd picked up three different velvet pieces--leggings, flare pants (funny story about these guys) and a dress. I didn't buy any of the above, but I did buy a bordeaux chunky sweater at the discount sweater store out near my grandma's house. I almost bought a different one in the same color, but luckily I did not because...I've already got one at home. There's clearly a reoccurring theme here.

I guess the burgundy/velvet combo was brought to my attention by Madeline of Jean Greige a little while back:

When I say "brought to my attention" I mean that I fell in love with it. I wanted that dress so bad. And if I'm not mistaken, it was made by a 15 year old girl. Pretty rad stuff.

Here are some other photos I found from Urban Outfitters, American Apparel and Miracle Eye:

My friend was wearing this today at school and I was mad jellin'.




My life would be complete with these in it.

So here's that funny story. I tried these on in black the other day at the store and I came out of the dressing room to show my friend Michelle (I was also wearing a big sweater with a bear on the front) and I started dancing to show her the full effect. This would of course be an opportune moment for one of my 8th grade English/Social Studies teachers to walk by. I'll spare you the details, but we'll leave it at extreme awkwardness ensued.


If you don't want to go out and buy all of these things, then...that's totally cool.
Gotcha there! Thought I was gonna reprimand you, right? Heh.

I'm going to the Daphne Guinness exhibit again tomorrow, and this time I'm bringing my sketchbook. Oh yes.

Nighty night, buds!

P.S. Did you notice how I added a baby sidebar widget that tells you how to follow my blog? I'm going to try and make it bigger/more visible, but it's there, on the right side under the blog archive.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!