Friday, April 29, 2011

Who Spoke?

Z SPOKE!!!! A while back, I spent about a bajillion hours on style.com looking up every single collection that Zac Posen has ever put out under his name. I didn't even have any particular interest in Zac Posen, except for that my mom taught him French when he was in Middle School (!!). So I just decided to take at least one picture from each of his collections and save it in a folder. I now have 34 collections of Zac Posen clothing to reference whenever the hell I want.

Tonight, I was wondering what I should put in my first blogpost with Sheila in a week (yes, she's back! We had ate grilled cheese and Rice Krispie treats in her honor.), so me and Lola decided to look through my infinite pictures that I have on file. She was like, "Hey, which one is it where you have all of the collections?" (This is paraphrased, she didn't actually say those words, though she does sound this stupid all the time.) And I was like, "Oh, it's Zac Posen!" We're sort of mind readers. Nbd.

Anyway, we both fell in love with Z Spoke by Zac Posen, which is supposedly the less expensive version of the real Zac Posen stuff, but we liked it a lot more than the real things. Our two favorite collections were Fall/Winter 2010 and Resort 2011.

Since I like putting things in chronological order, ALWAYS, we'll start with the 2010 collection.

Lola, who never wears adorable little dresses, approves of this one.
10 points to Hufflepuff for variety.
This is another one of those tricky things where everyone thinks you're wearing a necklace BUT YOU'RE ACTUALLY NOT. Like that lace romper that looked like a dress but actually had shorts.
I FRICKIN LOVE PRINTS!!! <3
It drapes and ties, but there's a legit dress underneath, too! I'm writing in fragments, sorry, brain=dead.
More sartorial trickery.

Simple silhouette, cray-cray colors.
This isn't entirely true, but besides putting things in chronological order I also greatly enjoy alliteration.

....And now for Resort 2011.
Green is not currently my favorite color, but there are some things that are just irresistible, like a good polka dot print in a snazzy shade.

More polky dotties! Lola said this was her favorite dress. 10 more points to Hufflepuff!!

This just makes me happy. 'Nuff said.

The vibrancy of this cute little dress is perfect because you can just throw it on 'cause the shape is so laid back, but you won't feel the need to accessorize a lot because it's not actually a simple dress.

I love a good floral pattern, as you already know, so what's not to like here?

This also makes me very happy. If I were to use one word to describe the feeling I get from seeing this, it would be "jolly."

I thought your eyes might be exploding from seeing all of the colorful prints and bright colors, so I gave you a little break. It's also just a great dress that's easy to incorporate into most outfits because of the neutral color and minimal details.

And now we bring back some color with that rad mint green color. I'm not actually quite sure what it is that is wrapped around her lower body (are those shorts or is that a skirt?! The world may never know. Hint: it's more than 3 licks), but I know that I like it.

A mint green jumper that looks like it feels incredible. You'd probably experience the same feeling inside you'd get from sleeping on a warm sheep, and the same feeling outside you'd get from laying on silk bedsheets.

That's nearly all for tonight folks. Just a few things:
1. I won the Belle Costes Giveaway that my friend Daxia from the blog Silk and Satan was having! I was so ridiculously happy when I found out. Some crazy shiz went down.
2. I don't believe I've ever posted about Lena Ker before, but her artwork is phenomenal. It's unfair. Her illustrations are totes the best I've ever seen, so you should definitely check her out.

1 comment:

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!