Thursday, April 21, 2011

Who Says You Can't Wear White After Labor Day?

If you've been keeping tabs on this season's trends, you will know that white (on white, on white) is huge this season, and lace is also an emerging trend that's been seen on runways such as Alberta Ferretti.

It was actually sort of like a sign from God or something: the day I decide to post about lace, I get an email from Alberta Ferretti entitled "Lovely in Lace." It saved me from having to google who'd used lace in their spring collections. HOWEVER, if my idiotic laptop had not spontaneously broken down last night, I would have been able to look through the hundreds of folders/pictures I have of runway shows/street style/etc. But since Sheila (that's what her friends call her, her name is actually Erica. When I'm sort of mad at her I call her Sherica.) is not working, I can't do that, nor will I be able to post as regularly for the next week while Apple is fixing her. I've been really good recently, so sorry about that in advance.

Anyway, I got all of these photos from Urban Outfitters, go figure.

I like this romper because not only is it a romper (uh der) but because it looks like a dress, and the fact that it's lacy and white plus that fact that it looks like a dress = a cute, little dainty white lace dress. But the joke's on everyone else: IT ACTUALLY HAS LEGHOLES. That's some evil trickery that will boggle your friends' minds. Like the game, Boggle.

As you can see, I like white lace dresses, and this is called a "Lace Two-in-One Dress," and having two things in one is always good, right? Although I'm not exactly sure what two things I'm getting in this dress that I wouldn't normally, but I'm not complaining. Only questioning.

This is a really cute dress, and since it's light and white (rhymes!!), it'll be good to wear on those rare but treasured warm, spring days. So this one may be hiding in your closet for a while. Or at least until Thursday. (Understand this reference by clicking here.)

This is a nice top if you want people to see what's under your clothes. Which isn't always all that bad, but personally, not such a perk. The crocheted design is really neat, and since it's crocheted it's super lightweight and perfect for summer.

These shoes are the coolioest. Even my friend Lola, who usually doesn't care much for clothing/peruse the internet as much as I do, digs these shoes. She said she'd buy them. Birthday present, perhaps? Just kidding, I know you're reading this Lola, and you're sitting right behind me playing Super Hero Squad.

Anywhoozles, these shoes are oxfords, which remind me of British people, which reminds me of Harry Potter, and I love Harry Potter, so therefore I love oxfords. Also they're lacy and white and totally awesome. I would buy these with the money that I don't have.

That's all for today folks, and possibly for the next few days because I don't have access to my computer and the thousands of photographs I have saved on it. I'll have it back by next Thursday at the latest. So long fare thee well, pip pip cheerio, I'll BE BACK SOON!! (I've been listening to the "Oliver!" soundtrack a lot recently.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!