Wednesday, April 20, 2011

We Move to the Next Decade

Yesterday's post was about the 1970's, so if your brain is able to follow this here simple pattern, you may have picked up on the fact that this one will be about the 1980's. A little bit. Meaning that the '80's is the decade that inspired today's outfit. Yes, you guessed it, this is my FIRST OUTFIT POST EVER!!!! The only issue is, I'm sort of living out of a suitcase at the moment, so my clothing is limited to whatever my mind at 11:30 pm decided to pack for myself. And the only available camera is my friend Lola's iPhone (iPhone 4, mind you. It has a ridicky good camera for a phone).

Here it is, my super-80's outfit:
Romper: Ivory (some obscure brand that I couldn't locate on the all-knowing interwebz. Anywhoozles, the romper was my mom's in her somewhat youth, and she has kindly let me have it to relive the 1980's, which I sadly missed.)
Socks: Urban Outfitters
Shoes: Christian Siriano for Payless

Alright, I may have lied a little bit. The photo quality doesn't look as good on a computer as it does on the phone screen, which probably makes sense, but I'll blame it on ignorance.
Please, try to ignore the atrocious face that I am making, Lola made her eyebrows move all funny and I had no choice but to laugh out loud very obnoxiously.

A few quick side notes about this photograph and my shoes:

1. I put this photo up in honor of the Man Repeller, who is always posting pictures of herself making scary faces just for kicks. So this is just for kicks. Or kix.

2. The shoes that I am wearing are possibly my favoritestestestestest shoes ever, because not only are they Christian Siriano (one of the many loves of my life), they are super comfy and have lasted me nearly a year already and are still in pristine condition. I have another pair of the same ones, then yet another pair in pink. They are the bomshiggitay. That is all.

3. It is rare that I am not wearing my floral scarf that I recently bought in France, but since I am not in my usual habitat, I didn't remember to put it on today. I will most likely be wearing it in most pictures you will see of me. Unless I'm not wearing it, which may happen. I like to keep things unpredictable.

I'M DONE BAI

2 comments:

  1. I felt the need to point out that your hair looks INCREDIBLE HERE :P
    ;)
    also, rompers are always sold at urban outfitters. and no where else. i like that this one is NOT FROM URBAN OUTFITTERS THANK YOU FOR BEING ORIGINAL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. thank yuh darlin' :D
    2. you're welcome.

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!