Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Dear Santa...

I noticed today while checking other peoples' fashion blogs (the yooj) that people are starting, or really the late-comers are starting, to make spring wishlists. I am very good at wanting things, especially things that I can't have. Which is exactly why I torture myself by shopping online in my spare time (a.k.a. the time that I should be doing to do things like maybe homework or cleaning my room or that thing my mom said that I had to do before the night was over but wait oh my God that dress is incredible why don't I just check it out for a minute....).

My main source of clothing is Urban Outfitters. If I could, I would buy everything in that store. There are so many things that I want for spring, that I could fill my entire History textbook with the photos. So instead of doing that, I just chose a few things from Urban Outfitters that are very '70's, and also aren't completely out of my price range.

I could go on and on about just 1970's clothing 'cause I'm in love with that decade, but just to be clear, I'm pretty sure that I was supposed to be born in 1969, so I could have lived through the 1970's as a kid/teenager, then the '80's and '90's as well. *Sigh...* As you can see I've thought about this for a good long while.

High-waisted jeans are arguably one of the 7 Wonders of the World. Flare jeans are also on that list. These high-waisted flare jeans are yet another Xbox pancake (understand this reference by looking at this post).

The reason I love high-waisted flare jeans is because they're just as versatile as skinny jeans, but in my opinion, more flattering for more people. They're also just the grooviest things ever. And I can't believe I just said groovy.
..........
Moving on.

This is yet again another kick-punch combo of high-waisted-ness and flared-leg-ness, PLUS it's a jumper, which I'm also madly in love with. I'd live in jumpers if it were socially acceptable. There are a lot of things that I wish I could do but can't, but I don't think I've ever mentioned so many of them in one place, namely, this blog.

The simplicity and movement of this jumper is especially awesome, and it's a little under $50.

...And another jumper!! This one's not as simple as the other one, but the fabric just looks so incredibly luscious and comfy and it makes me happy. On a more editorial note, the cinched waist and the bows on the sides of the waistband draw attention to a small waist and create subtle curves even when the silhouette is not tight or clingy. That was quite redundant, so I apologize for saying "waist" three times in one sentence.

Unlike the other two jumpers, this one is in a color other than grey. It's still pretty simple, which makes it easy to pair with bolder pieces, like a statement jacket. But if one were to decide to take off that jacket and turn around, it would look like this:
BAM. This jumper is just like a mullet: business in the front, and a party in the back!!!!

I have been coveting this dress ever since Urban Outfitters released their February catalog. In addition to loving high-waisted things, flare-legged things, and jumpers, I also love nothing more than a good maxi dress. And this is definitely a good maxi dress. I have been planning to make myself one of these for a while now, because I bought similar fabric a while back and haven't used it yet.

The dainty floral design is quite adorable, and the slip underneath is very practical. Overall, I dig this dress.

Floppy sunhats are also another one of my many, many, many, many guilty '70's pleasures. They're youthful yet sophisticated, AND practical all at the same time. This one is nice because it's a simple shape and color, so it can easily be integrated into several looks.

This hat is like the other hat's more sartorially daring older sister. This one's for people who are looking for a hat that takes the center stage in an outfit, or adds to a other bold patterns to create a supercrazyawesome look.

Then, if you want to tone it down a bit and let it be a normal hat for a while, you can do this to it:
Not as cool, but the fact that it's got that snazzy design on the inside probably draws more attention to your face, because people are like, "What a cool design inside that girl's hat! Oh my, what a pretty face she has." I'm sure there's a whole science to this sort of thing, but I just adlib it and it makes just as much sense.

I generally don't like to wear shoes with heels just because I tend to fall an abnormal amount, but these aren't even really heels. They're like walking on the ground, just five inches above it. You're still level to the floor. It's pure genius.
These are similar to the other flatforms, but are a big edgier because of the studs up the sides. Also, the heel is made of wood instead of suede, which is probably why they're about $45 cheaper (plus, they look about five times scarier to walk in).

These are more heel-ish than flatform-ish because they're less, well, flat. They're also quite fun because of the bright red color. They'd go well with spring's popular neutrals to brighten up the look a bit.

That's all for tonight folks. Keep it groovy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!