Monday, April 18, 2011

The Calendar Must Be Wrong

Despite the fact that the weather has been slightly warmer, I still think the weatherpeople still believe that it is early March. Because the weatherpeople decide what the weather will be. Seeing as I am VERY confused about what time of year it is, that must be the reason why I'm going to cover fall beauty trends when it is supposed to be spring (emphasis on the "supposed to").

Here are some of my favorite beauty trends for this autumn (all photo credits go to Sean Cunningham), starting with lips:

I can't really tell what it is about this color that I like, but all I know is that it makes me sort of hungry.
If I were to be any color, I would be red. If I were to be lipstick, I would be this one. So basically this is me, reincarnated on a woman's lips.
Not only is her eye makeup supergawgeous, but her lips are extremely luscious-looking. If I were a more sophisticated version of the other lipstick, I would be this. Simply put, this is a much more sophisticated color than the previous shade, probably better for night than day, or someone who's going for a sexier look.
It may just be this model's face, but this hue compliments her skin tone, hair and eye color, making this the perfect shade for her. Since all of previously listed features are all such bright/vivid colors (peach, not actually that bright but lets pretend, yellow and blue), the lipstick she has on is the perfect addition to her radiant complexion.

Check out these baby blues:
I am personally a fan of not only the cat-eye style, but just straight up black eyeliner. This is a combination of the two, which makes it perfect. In the (paraphrased) words of Andy from Parks and Recreation, it's like an Xbox pancake.
The same goes for this girl: her peepers are perfectly framed by her spidery lashes. This clumpy style is often frowned upon by society, but it seems to be coming back, along with a bunch of other trends that to me seem like people are trying to make being lazier/messier on trend. Which I totally dig. No complaints here.

This model's hair is one of the coolest things I've seen all day. Braids are one of my favorite hairstyles because they're so versatile. As a general rule, if you can braid it, it's probably going to come out awesome (see designer Andy South's hand-braided dress from season 8 of Project Runway here).


This last trend is just incredible. I don't know what people don't like about yellow, because yellow is the color of sunshine and without the sun, what would we do when drawing a picture in crayon that is in desperate need of a little pizzazz, like a cool pair of shades? (This is in reference to my childhood, summed up in one photo). This is one trend that I am definitely trying out. The others seem a little intimidating, probably because they are attached to beautiful faces, whereas this one is only attached to pretty hands.

I hope that this post has inspired you to check the weather channel.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE THE YELLOW NAILS. I always wished i had teh complexion to pull that off :3

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!