Sunday, September 16, 2012

Ponchito

Last weekend was one of those times when I was very aware that I was alive. 

That's totally not even true. I was just really tired. 

On Saturday, I went to Son Jung Wan at noon and Katya Leonovich at 4 pm, both of which will have their own post later on this week. After all of the day's festivities, I somehow ended up at Lola's house on her rooftop. I flew there. (You will understand this in a moment.)  

Now for a change of verbal scenery: I usually put all my text at the beginning of the post, but this time let's add some after the pictures. It will make more sense that way. 

[Photos by Lola.]

Top: Eileen Fisher 
Cray-zeee pants: my mom's from da eighties
Boots: my cousin's riding boots 

Caught mid-inhale.

Poncho: a skirt from J.Crew worn as a poncho because they are way cooler than skirts

I'm a huge poncho fanatic as of late. When I was in California in June I suddenly became obsessed with the concept of wearing embroidered ponchos. Fanny packs and ponchos are going to come back because I will single-handedly bring them back. With your help. 

Like, how could you not want to wear that? There is literally no way. 
(PS this is how I flew to Lola's rooftop, poncho=makeshift wings)

Let's just think about the practicality and all around awesomeness of the poncho. It covers your entire torso, therefore you have insulation. You have the mobility of a jacket without being restricted by sleeves. You're essentially wearing a blanket but you're not. What is there not to like?

Welp, shall you join me in the quest to make ponchos Fashion Week acceptable? And beaded fanny packs? And one-sleeved trench coats? Because I am so ready.

I told you I was going apple picking this weekend, and I just did. Dis bitch keeps her promises.

Have a spiffy rest of the weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!