Sunday, September 9, 2012

Minnie Mouse Clubhouse

Whoa. Three days in and the Week has already been incredible. I saw two shows on Saturday, I have one today (as well as some other special surprise events, the details of which I will disclose to you all at a later time), and then the rest of the week is more of the same, which we all know means completely unpredictable. But fo' now, I will show you my outfit for the Erin Barr show on Friday. Inspired by baseball--you will absolutely never figure out where the connection comes from--I wore the only t-shirt I ever leave the house in with a pencil skirt. Those are kind of a trend. I write so much about what's "in" that I thought for once I'd give it a try. But tight clothing?? What??? Don't worry, I balanced it out by having a big ol' mouse with outrageously sparse yet large eyelashes plastered across my chest. I felt that it was necessary to put on some masculine shoes as a counterattack against the skirt. Here at You're A Tulle, we view provocative clothing as the misunderstood mean girl, ourselves as the one geek who is nice to her and lets her come to our house after school for cookies. But she has to play Dungeons and Dragons with us. We stifle her bitch-tastic-ness by amping up the nerd factor. Crank that baby up to 11! 

The hat was my attempt at adding some class and breaking skewl rewls. No hats in the building? Bah! Just try and stop me, security. You've got a delinquent bloggah on the loose. Maybe you can focus on hunting me down instead of giving freshmen detention for not composting their lunch correctly. 

[Photos by my mother, in front of the 9/11 memorial on 7th Avenue South.]

T-shirt: Disney 
Skirt: INC International Concepts 
Hat: J.Crew 
Socks: the drawer that houses my socks 
Brogues: thrifted Giorgio Brutini

The death stare. 

The stance of Sass, sabotaged by the Smile. 

I don't want to give too much away about what happened yesterday, but I'll give you a few little tidbits to munch on before I tell the full stories. Brooke Shields was sitting front row at Son Jung Wan, I saw Caroline when I snuck back stage at Katya Leonovich, and I briefly interviewed the latter designer. It was freakin' awesome. 

See you on the flip side, amigos. 

2 comments:

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!