Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Hufflepuff x Grotto NYFW Launch Party

With only two days left until New York Fashion Week officially begins (as well as Fashion Month as a whole), the entire city is alight with fashion talk, kick-off parties, and lots of models. ...If you can 'alight' something with skinny people. The first of many events I'm going to be attending in the next week or so--that wasn't intended to sound so pretentious, I swear--was last night, the Grotto NYFW Launch Party. I'm still not quite sure why I was invited, but I was über pumped when I was, of course. Firstly because it was a fashion week party, and secondly because Anya from Project Runway was debuting her Spring 2013 collection there. Hell yeah. 

I got myself all dolled up for the occasion...only to stand in line in the rain for about forty-five minutes. I got inside eventually--after seeing and briefly conversing with several Project Runway veterans, one of whom invited me to their runway show next week--and stayed for about twenty minutes speaking to a lovely couple from New Zealand. By the time I got inside, Anya's show was over. Mondo bummer. (That was a Project Runway pun right there!) It was at the Norwood Club in Chelsea, which is really just a freaking fancy townhouse with bars on every floor. It was very much intended for adults. And then there was me. 

I took some pictures of what I wore once I got home, painfully slipping back into my heels for the photos. Only for you guys. Literally. I would never have done that otherwise. Two syllables: blisters. 

[Photos by yours truly.]

Dress: vintage Jones New York via my mom's closet (classiq mama)
Heels: thrifted 
Bracelet: a store in Old Town
Watch: gift shop in Giverny 
Ring: Venice Beach 

I'm wearing the Hufflepuff house colors, black and gold, on purpose. I'm showing my house pride. Don't let anyone tell you Hufflepuffs are lame, because if they do I will come and slap them with my mental bitch-slapping hand. I have a hand that is especially for bitch-slapping because there are too many HuffPuff haters in the world. 

Cross-body bag: my great-grandma's with my gold belt attached with safety pins as a strap--classy, I know

Earrings: birthday present from my mom 

Those earrings are possibly the most painful things to get in. You have to drag a chain through the piercing in order to wear them properly. Mmmm.

It has a secret slit! I felt like Angelina Jolie all night, really. It goes higher, trust me. I just wanted to keep things PG. 

I had a few technical difficulties with my self-timer. 

It took several hours, a shiz ton of black nail polish, and a borderline poisonous amount of Absorbine Jr. (or Horse Juice, as I like to call it) to get my nails to look like that. Lola and I tried most of the ones from this post before realizing that splattering your nails with paint can in fact possibly go wrong.

I have one final day before school officially starts. DearGodsaveme. I had an awesome summer though, and hopefully you did, too. Autumn is one of my favorite seasons (because we have so many to choose from), so I'm getting quite excited about it. I am so done with walking around with a perpetual coat of perspiration on my body.

Merry Fashion Week! Let the games begin.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!