Friday, July 20, 2012

FITting In At FIT: Day 8, Part 2

Welp, this is kind of misleading. FIT classes are only Monday through Thursday, but today is Friday and here I am, posting about FIT. Just to clear that up, I got home too late last night to post, but I did have pictures, so I didn't want to pass up an opportunity to share them with you. 

You know the pants I'm working on? They're going swimmingly. I began making the template for them and picked up some swatches yesterday. Expect khaki and red flannel in the best of all possible juxtapositions. That's all the information I'm disclosing for the moment. Speaking of yesterday: we went to the Financial District and South Street Seaport, and I thought that the uncompleted Freedom Tower wasn't as good of a background as some old boats and parts of Brooklyn in the distance. 

Photos by my mother. 

Top: High Maintenance ('twas my mother's)
Pants: CUT LOOSE ('twere my grandmother's)
Shoes: Converse ('twere designed by me)
Necklace: Laura Bobey at VintageJewelryEtc ('twas a birthday gift, even though it's not my birthday yet)
Grimace: courtesy of the wind 

A change of scenery! Let's give our new background a warm welcome, shall we? Hello, old ships! Hello, nasty water! Hello, obnoxiously loud tourists playing duck-duck-goose in the middle of a metropolitan area! 

I was actually feeling pretty awesome walking around yesterday. Those pants have some magical powers, I swear. I bet if I were to look closely on the tag, it would say in fine print: "WARNING: These pants may cause wearer to absorb extra swagger and subsequently feel like a boss all day." 

This necklace has a great story behind it. I don't know when it happened, but at some point on this blog I mentioned that I wanted a beaded-choker-bib-necklace, but I never found one worthy of spending my minimal funds on. Let's rewind to Wednesday night, when I got a baby package in the mail that I did not remember ordering. Naturally, I tore it open with zeal to find this gorgeous little number chilling inside a shizton of bubble wrap. I wonder who it's from? I thought, quoting Steve from Blues Clues (know you see what I meant when I said that I like channeling animated cartoons). Then it hit me: our good family friend had sent it fo' mah birfday. Best present evar. 

That's all for today. Check out the article I posted on here the other day, this time on the Huffington Posts's website. Enjoy the rain. It's Friday. Rejoice. As in read some Joyce.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!