Saturday, February 16, 2013

Over It

There are really only a few things in the world that I will never get sick of: Spongebob, water, grapefruits, and overalls. And maybe Raisin Bran. And also chocolate. There's just so much to love about all of them that I couldn't imagine why I would ever stop enjoying their existence. Let's scooch back a little bit and focus on the fourth tenet of my list, our dear friend the Overall. 

I was on quest to find the perfect shortalls a while back, if you recall. My next unspoken quest was for the shortalls' cooler older sister, the overalls, and this quest was completed with minimal effort. Story time! In eighth grade, my mom found her old pair of overalls from when she was either my age, living in France, or from the '80s. It's unclear. What is clear, however, is that they are lavender, made of some odd crushed-velvet-corduroy-but-not-really fabric, and are essentially perfect in every way. At the time of their discovery, I was too much of a pudgeball to fit into them comfortably, so I gave them to Lola for safekeeping. A few months ago, I was reminded of their existence, and greedily asked for them back (just kidding about being greedy, we now have a healthy relationship with the overalls. They serve as a sort of "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" object, except there's only two of us, and these pants cover our whole body). I now wear them at least twice a month, if not more. I somehow always manage to wear them on the same day my friend Violet wears her mom's overalls, so when we walk into English class in the morning we stare at each other in shock and everyone thinks we are weird outfit-coordinating freakazoids. There seems to just be a certain feeling in the air that lets each of us know that it's the right day to have them on. 

Seeing as it was Fashion Week, I figured there was no better time to flaunt them in the public eye. I wore these bad boys to the Son Jung Wan show last Saturday (more to come on that soon). 

[Photos by Lola.]

Overalls: Gap (my mom's)
Striped shirt: my mom's
Jacket: Gap via Housing Works
Boots: Timberland 

A look that exudes pure, unrefined badassery.

Necklace: "Om" charm from a bead store on a chain from a different necklace (I've been wearing this everyday since I bought it in December)
Choker: a gift from a frand

Isn't it convenient to have a choker that reminds everyone what my first initial is, and that my first initial looks conveniently like a normal shape?

Just being happy in my comfyclothes. 

Bow: a phree-bee!

I thought putting a bow on my shoe would add more pizzazz than if I put it in my hair. Luckily for me, since I'm always rushing wherever I'm going, my shoe bow fell off at some point in my day's travels and now it is lost forever. RIP shoe bow. 

I'm now supposedly on my February break, which is really just a four-day weekend because the public school system sucks royal hippogriff, which actually means that I'm not going to get to blog as much as I wanted to because some people don't understand that four days is not long enough to do a week's worth of homework. Basically I hate everything besides the aforementioned list (see: the beginning of this post).

Happy Saturday! If you're one of those people that has a full week off, you suck!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!