Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Despite the Cold

...We Fashion-Week-die-hards were at Lincoln Center every day. We were there in the blizzard (okay, fine, I casually strolled through on my way to the train station), in the sunshine, in the slaint (sleet-rain). We're a difficult bunch to shake off. Even though I didn't hang around too much in the Plaza this season, I was able to get a few pictures of some people that I thought looked fairly well put-together. Check 'em out. 

[Photos by me.]
I like fur and fringe because they remind me of how people used to dress when they had to use their dinner leftovers as their outerwear. 

Did I say ponchos are coming back, or did I not? [Hint: I did]

It seems that fur and studs are a popular combination. (See: first photo)

I give this girl props for being ballsy/insane enough to go outside in something so short without any tights on. I was wearing my mittens and my hands were barely operational. 

Another poncho! And some serious full-body layering skills of which I only wish to learn the secrets.

This lovely woman was actually at the Alice + Olivia show. I spotted her multicolored furriness and needed to document it. 

This is, in fact, Jane Aldridge from Sea of Shoes! She was my current age when she started her blog, and in the past six years she's become a humongo success. And she has fantastic shoes. Duh. 

It would seem that fur is still going strong. Everybody's got it on. I should probably whip out my ostrich feather jacket before it gets too warm. Too warm? What? It's freezing, I know. I like to think ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!