Thursday, February 28, 2013

A Convergence

Sometimes I have the irrepressible urge to dress like a gypsy princess. I also sometimes have the nagging desire to dress like a fancy business lay-dee. Sometimes, the two converge in a yellow wood  (I know it's actually "diverged" but it was too good to pass up) and I have no choice but to live by the wise words of Oscar Wilde and yield to my temptation. Below you shall see the result of such an undertaking. 

[Photos by Alina Peña.]

Top: gift from my aunt in France
Pants: unknown
Denim jacket: Gap (embroidered by me)
Scarf: pashmina from my grandma
Plaid jacket: Outerwear (I got it at the flea market at Vassar where I also got that pink tweed jacket, which funnily enough I wore with these pants)
Shoes: Christian Siriano for Payless

In the words of the photographer for this post: "boobies!"

I'm just glad that my little midriff there didn't get frostbite or nothin'. I'd say that's something to smile about. Also Alina may have been making a particularly ridiculous face. 

Peep the hand-knitted mittens, made by me, circa third grade. I had a knitting business from fourth through sixth grades. I'll give you the link so you can have a good long laugh. This is it. 

I wore this outfit to the Clover Canyon show on Wednesday, February 13, in case anyone was wondering.

Does Thursday remind anyone else of pretzels?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!