Monday, June 10, 2013

The Secret Life of Mud

The day finally came. This past Saturday, I went to Governor's Ball. There are another two blog posts dedicated to the actual event coming up in the near future, but in this one I'm just gonna focus on what me and my quasi-date Alina wore. 

Festival fashion is kind of like, a big deal. The fact that there's a certain class of trends dedicated to what people wear to music festivals is telling enough. Since it was hella hot out, most of the ladies were wearing some semblance of shorts and bustiers/bra tops à la the spring 2013 shows. A few women were just wearing straight up bras. Props to them. About one-third of the people had been there on Friday and lived through the rain and knew to wear rain boots. The rest of us were wearing anything but rain boots. Alina was wearing jelly shoes and some people were wearing canvas shoes or flip flops or nothing suitable for mud. I was luckily wearing my hiking boots, but by the end of the day they were just blocks of mud that I was dragging around. I had to hose those puppies down well, but I still feel like there's going to be a little farm inside those shoes forever more. 

I decided to take an alternate route in terms of what I wore. The road less traveled by, if you will. I wore my mom's maternity dress, wrapped a weird black and white flower choker around my neck, put my hair in lil dumplings, got on my Timbs (that's Timberlands for those that don't understand abbreviations), and put a temporary tattoo of a sun on my chest. Alina also wore a dress, a tent dress of sorts from Topshop, with her pink jelly shoes. She had to take them off and walk barefoot because the mud was too slippery. She stepped on a helluva lot of smushed beer cans. 

Enough talking, you must now look. 

[Photos of me by Olive; photos of Alina by me.]

Dress: my mom's maternity dress
Boots: Timberlands
Choker: shared by me and my sister, from the baby years
Watch: present from my mom

Just hangin' in the mud.

This is the point at which I became a puppy. 

Dancing prep. Gotta keep the machine well-oiled, ya know? 

Dress: Topshop
Belt: yo idk this ain't my wardrobe
Choker: on loan from me
Temporary tattoo: probably Claire's....

Baby Alina, bein' cayute. 

Costume change! 

Overalls: Forever 21
Bustier: Topshop
Backpack: Topshop
Mud: courtesy of the stupid effin' weather

The next installment in this series will be about the music and the bands I saw. Despite the mud and the heat, EVERYTHING ROCKED. I was jamming out so hard and I was in my main element. Plus my hair was up in dumplings, so everything was perfect.

Also, today was my last day of school. THANK GOD THANK GOD THANK GOD THANK GOD I'M DONE I MADE IT IT'S OVER HOLY EFF. I can't believe I made it. And that was only 10th grade. ...Fuq.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!