Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Get(ty) At Me

Things that are freaking wild: my fambly took a trip to the Getty Center yesterday on the same exact day of the year as we did the first time, June 25th. That wasn't even planned at all. No one had any idea, and probably would never have known, had I not diligently and over-obsessively recorded every moment of my life when I first started this blog. Things that are also, once again, wild, a lot of the photos I took yesterday are nearly identical to ones I took the first time we went. I guess my I-should-turn-this-into-a-postcard instinct hasn't evolved one bit in the last two years. 

After being stuck in approximately an hour and a half of Sunset-Boulevard-traffic, we finally made it in one piece to the Getty Center, but instead of having a leisurely two to three hours to spend there, we had only one. We basically just walked around and I took photographs with my camera while my mom took photos on her iPad (it's the cutest thing in the world to watch her do this) and then I ran into the museum for a quick ten-minute jog around the galleries. I made a pit stop at the gift shop and bought four bangin' postcards. Diary entry terminates here. 

Also, I was wearing clothes, so I forced my sister to take photos of me again. She was less compliant this time, but with brute force, anything is possible! (I AM TOTALLY KIDDING)

[Photos of everything but me by me; photos of me by Rachel.]

Paradoxical architecture is pretty damn awesome. It's not that paradoxical at all I just thought that combo of words looked nice.

Peep the original twin right here. The quality of this photo is way better than the other one, but they're the same exact thing. I must evaluate my originality. 

Dress: Lilka
Sunglasses: France-land

Unamused. I feel like there's always one of those in every outfit post. Also if you look really closely at my shoulder you can get a glimpse of how badly sunburned I got. 

Shoes: thrifted

Lil' flowers that looked like bananas! 

A pair of bee friends j-chillin' on some fleurs. 

This one is almost the same exact photograph, the original just employed crappy iPhoto effects. 

There you have it. A time warp. 

Until next time (isn't that what they say at the end of Blue's Clues?).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!