Friday, June 14, 2013

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

Here comes the semi-juicy stuff. We're working our way up to the finale post of this lil mini-series about Governor's Ball, because I've been waiting months to write about a certain ~thing~ and I had to wait until the day of the concert had come and passed. 

Now that I think about it, there's not really much to relate to all you good people out there except for
a) MUD
b) the music was incredible 
     b1) we saw Dirty Projectors at 3:45 pm. There was a drunk woman and all her annoying friends standing right next to me and at one point said woman began crying and falling on me and being straight up dumb, but eventually they all left. It was a miracle. Also, the band was effing amazing and managed to play nearly the exact playlist that I had sent them telepathically. I think they got a few wrong merely because the signals were interrupted by the stupid lady falling all over me. 
    b2) then we saw Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros, and it was a spiritual experience. I guess I can't keep the secret in much longer, so I'll just release the information now that that third post is all about Edward Sharpe. They have contributed 23% to saving my life, and for that I owe them everything. And they owe me more music. 
    b3) the last band we saw was Animal Collective. I don't know much of their music, but they happened to only play one song that I knew, so I was just sort of bobbing my head for an hour and twenty minutes waiting for a moment when I could actually sing along. And it was also very dark and very muddy and everyone was very rambunctious. 
c) I had some decent Chinese food 
d) we met a tall Latvian man named Roma 
e) we had to endure twenty minutes of drunken flirtations between a neurosurgeon named Megan and Roma 
f) MUD
g) it was quite loud and we got up pretty close to the stage all three times
h) the whole day was bangin' 

[Photos by me.]

The muddy expanse.

Dirty Projectors! They sounded awesome and were a pleasure to watch. Especially David Longstreth because Alina aptly described him as a baby sloth. And if you rearrange and cut out some letters in his last name it would spell 'sloth.'

Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros! Jade and Alexander singing to/with each other! ~~LUV IS IN THE AIR~~

Animal Collective! Lots of crazy sounds and crazy lights and crazy people. 

Now that I have time to do stuff I've spent most of my non-test-taking time going running. But now I feel like a crazy person and need to do some really creative things to get all my insanity out of my system. Who's with me?

P.S. Congrats to my sister and all her friends for graduating high school yesterday, and especially to the entire class of 2013 for completely botching up their rendition of the school's Alma Mater. That was atrocious.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!