Thursday, June 20, 2013

I Begin To Shed

I've been considering getting a pixie cut since January of 2012. My hair is now past my chin and almost shoulder length, and I am BORED. I can put it in a ponytail, in pigtails, in dumplings, or just let it be, but no matter what I do I'm just straight up tired of having hair. It'll look nice the day I take a shower, but then I go to sleep and when I wake up it is a hot mess. Curls --> squished twirly things. It's just a hassle. I've resorted to putting up my hair almost every day, which is kind of lame. I had to wear a ponytail two days in a row last week, and that's when it dawned on me: why don't I just cut it all off like I've always wanted to? It's summer, it's hot, no one can see me...it's the perfect time. So, I'm doing it. I'm not telling you when, but I am doing it. 

So, here are the pictures I used to convince my mom and sister that I'm not making a terrible mistake that's going to ruin my life. 

[Photos via the endless Interwebz.]

Michelle Williams
(We have similar face shapes)

Laurel Pantin
(We have semi-similar face shapes, but I don't want to go that short quite yet)

A runway show that I can't remember right now
(We have similar face shapes plus it's heavier on top which is what I want)

Audrey Hepburn
(She's Audrey Hepburn)

Carey Mulligan
(We have semi-similar face shapes and her hair is more tousled than Michelle Williams's)

Natalie Portman
(We have similar face shapes, and her hair is so effing adorable)

Anne Hathaway
(When she smiles we have have similar face shapes)

Audrey Tautou
(She has curly-ish hair and still rocks a pixie)

GAHHHHHH I AM SO EXCITED
NO HAIR FOR ME
LA LA LA
"ODELIA BECOMES A PIXIE PRINCESS"

P.S. While going on a power walk with my mom yesterday we stopped into a little thrift shop located in our local church and discovered that it's amazing and ridiculously cheap. I got a plaid tunic-y pantsuit, a knee-length denim pencil skirt, a purple sundress with sunflowers embroidered on it, and a big floral denim button-up shirt, all for approximately $20. Magic. But sadly, it's closed until September. We happened to stumble upon it on its last day open. Coincidence? Maybe. Fate??? I think yes.

Tomorrow is Summer Solstice. Get your chinchillas and boomboxes ready.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!