Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I Feel Like a Kid Again

That's funny, 'cause I'm still a kid. However, my fellow 8th grade buds and I (as well as my friend Marcelo's little sister and her friend) played in a playground after school today. And I don't mean we hung out at a bench. We went on the equipment and played tag, and some sort of invisible laser gun game that I was quite awful at. I somehow always managed to get taken hostage.

Anyway, all of that is relevant because that playground was the setting for my little photoshoot today. Meaning that is where my friend Lola took pictures of me attempting to climb up some twirly pole thing, and swinging on a swingset. Wearing the snazzy new blazer I bought yesterday at Hamlet's Vintage. I have been going to Hamlet's Vintage for about 2 or 3 years now. Since the end of 6th grade (yes, you can laugh), on the last day of school, three of my closest girl friends and I always go to Hamlet's Vintage and Urban Outfitters and they buy me something at each place. This fall I was walking by Hamlet's and I saw these incredible French and German army jackets for $35, so I bought one and have worn it all over the world. No joke.

I digress.

ANYWHOOZLES, I was in desperate need of new clothing, so yesterday after school I dragged Lola with me to Prince Street in search of a designer resale store that I knew existed, but I just couldn't find. We found one that was ridicky expernsive (no that is not a typo), so we just went to Hamlet's and I got a new blazer and a scarf so I can turBAND, and the guy let me switch out my army jacket for one in a smaller size because I was sort of swimming in mine. He's kind of a g.

Here's where the good part comes: THE PICTURES!!! Enjoy.
I apologize in advance for the bad photo quality, these were taken with Lola's iPhone again.


Please, ignore the face I'm making.
Pants: Forever 21
Blazer: Hamlet's Vintage
Shoes: Christian Siriano
Necklace: From some Italian market vendor

My attempt at getting up that twirly pole thing.


This one's just for fun. This is Lola on the swingset, havin' a mighty fine time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!