Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor

I bet that you look good on the dancefloor, don't know if you're looking for romance or don't know what you're looking for....

Alex Turner may not know what you're looking for, but I know exactly what I'm looking for. I have had my eye on a certain style of shorts that I can't seem to find anywhere. Well, I can't seem to find the right pair. That one that cues a gospel choir every time they're mentioned.

I realized you have no idea what kind of shorts I'm talking about. They're the ones that are high-waisted, denim shorts, but have a very loose cut and the legs aren't too short (my math teacher already told me I was wearing ho clothes one day, and that was one time too many. I was wearing white lace shorts. Please.), and the waist isn't too tight. They're the sort of shorts you actually like to wear because they're just the most comfortable things in the world. Here are some examples I've collected from my collection of street style photos.

Let's give a quick shout out to redundancy. Thanks for showing up so often in my blog posts.

Quick side note that I will address in greater depth in a minute: The reason I thought about this was because yesterday at the Arctic Monkeys concert in Central Park, I saw several people wearing shorts like these, and I was mad jellin'. But seriously, I don't believe I've ever seen so many hipsters and/or crop tops in one place. But then again I've never been to Williamsburg, Brooklyn.

This is by far my favorite out of all of the pictures in this post. They look superbly comfortable, the legs are not too short, and the wash is just right for the cut. I'm swooning a little.

These are also pretty good, but I feel like the waist could be a little higher and the legs could be a little longer, but otherwise they're pretty decent.

These shorts are a bit too short for my taste, but hey, whatever floats your boat.
Or rather, whatever you choose to cover your genitals with.
Somehow that doesn't have as much of a ring to it.

I saw THE PERFECT PAIR of shorts like these yesterday at the concert, and I was like, "Can I please have your pants." Yes, that is a statement, not a question, and no, I did not actually demand them from her ask her for them.

Today marks the first day of my quest for the perfect shorts.

Awlsew, btdubs, the concert was BEAST. Best thing ever. I would upload pictures, but I don't think you'd care to see red explosions of light, because they bear no resemblance to Alex Turner, Jamie Cook, Nick O'Malley and Matt Helders.

PEACE. We out.

1 comment:

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!