Sunday, September 22, 2013

Françoise S. McSass

In the past year or so, I've become really really good at procrastinating. I've become so good, in fact, that I've created new words that correlate with the form of procrastination I am participating in (ie procrastisnacking). This form of procrastination, right here, is a double-whammy: I'm avoiding doing my homework and I'm avoiding writing any of the blogposts I know will take more brain power than I'm willing to exert at the moment (basically more than one nanowatt per hour) (that's definitely not how you measure brain power). So, in light of my sick procrastination skillz, here's some mindless inspiration from one of my preferred French ladies, Françoise Hardy. 

Françoise is one of the classic '60s/'70s musicians: tall, blonde, bang-ed, skinny, glamorous, and sad. She's like the French Joni Mitchell. She's got a beautiful voice, a dolorous soul, and a knack for being so freaking French. 

...There's really not much else I can think to say about her. But you should listen to her music to get the whole picture. Here's some of my favorite songs of hers (not in any particular order):

1) Parlez-moi de lui
2) A quoi ça sert
3) Suzanne
4) J'aurais voulu
5) Il n'y a pas d'amour heureux
6) Toi je ne t'oublierai pas 
7) La rue des coeurs perdus
8) La mer les étoiles et le vent

Now you get to look at her pretty face and clothing. 

[Photos via the vast Interwebs]

Sass McSassypants

Sad...guitar....scalloped dress...knee socks...

Still sad

Eff you all, I ain't sad no more cuz now I'm sassy!!!

Probably still sad
but glamorous

Pensive 
and sad
and nice hat

Sassy
French

Still pensive 
but now wind-blown

Older, but still sassy-sad

I hope you found my interpretations to be accurate. 

Happy freaking Sunday lil bubs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!