Sunday, September 8, 2013

Bang Bang

Last Wednesday, I was invited by OMEN PR to attend the opening for the tattoo artist Bang Bang's new shop in the Lower East Side. Even though Bang Bang is only 27, he's already tattooed Rihanna, the Biebz, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry, Russell Brand, Cara Delevingne, and lots of basketball players whose names I don't really know. That's pretty freaking amazing for someone so young. That's a lot of famous skin. 

The event was part grand opening, party charity function; lining the wall in the front room were framed and signed kisses from some of Bang Bang's celebrity clientele. There's an auction being held for these framed kisses, with the option for the winners to get the lips inked onto their own body. The money raised is going to a local animal rescue organization, Animal Haven and Empty Cages Collective. Art, tattoos, loud music, nice/well-dressed people, and good deeds: what more can you ask for on a Wednesday night? 

I really dig the idea of tattoos, I actually may get one/more than one someday, but I hate needles so I'd probably have to be heavily sedated in order to go through with it. I'd want something really dainty and cute and sophisticated. I have a tall order, whatever. 

I was able to bring along Alina, so her and I dressed up in our Wednesday night best and went out on the town. After a while, our bodies began crumbling from the stress of high heels (okay fine, just Alina, I'm not brave enough to wear high heels) so we had to leave and wait for our mommies in a Burger King down the street, but that was a stupid mistake because apparently Rihanna showed up later. Of course. 

 [First six photos by me; last three photos courtesy of OMEN PR.]


The lips of a famous person on paper!

A wall of kisses

A cool-lookin' lady 

The part-ay scene outside, where Alina and I spent most of our time

More lips! (Katy Perry?)

J. Biebs drew a silly little mouth cuz he's silly

Peep me and Alina on the far right!

That's me and her again!! 

Bang Bang with Rihanna, likely moments after we left, because I have terrible luck and the stars hate me. 

OMEN PR also sent me to a fashion show that I will report on soon, as well as another party that I ended up not being able to go to, but I was honored to be invited anyway.

I apologize for the boringness of my writing this morning, school starts tomorrow and I can already feel the life being sucked out of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!