Thursday, August 22, 2013

Femme Fatale

I realized today that I want to be so many people but there's just so little time. I need to go through my 1950s Mexican poncho phase, and my kimono phase, and my schoolgirl phase, and my film noir phase, and my... SO MANY PEOPLE TO BE!! But right now, I'm mostly focused on the femme fatale look. The girl who breaks boys' hearts (but I won't do that 'cause being mean sux!!). I just wanna look like a film noir heartbreaker. I recently--as in a few nights ago--discovered how easy that is. With my new(ish) haircut, all I needed to do was groom my lil eyebrows and gather some photos for inspiration. I watched some tutorials on eyebrow-grooming by Amy Rose from Rookie, and then got some more makeup ideas from Hannah (also on Rookie). Since I don't like to wear makeup 'cause it makes my skin feel all nasty, I decided what I would do is just use some brown eyeshadow and brush it into my brows to make them look darker and fuller. Makeup is a fascinating thing that I don't understand, but I will testify to the fact that simply by doing this, my eyes looked brighter and my skin looked nicer. It's magic, goshdarnit. But then I felt like bein' a bit more doe-eyed so I put on just a smidge of mascara. I haven't worn that stuff in a year because I was born with long eyelashes and it's kind of a gross thing to put near your lil shiny peepers, but it felt right in the moment. I think in the future it would look better if I only used an eyelash curler, but I have to get over my fear of them first. I really want to experiment with alternating playing up my eyes, eyebrows, and lips, and seeing what happens. Then I just need to perfect my pout, dabble on some body glitter, and everything will be complete. 

In case you're looking to achieve the same look, here's some inspo-rayshun for ya. 

[Photos via the Internet.]

Sexy leggy lacy lady.

My girl Audrey. (Halloween costume?)

Good ol' Daisy Buchanan.

Damn. Damn. Look at those brows/eyes/lips. And that frickin' hair. She broke so many hearts, I can tell, just with those eyes alone.

Fierce ladies rule the freaking world.

This one's like a cross between the flapper look and Twiggy (a little), and that's all I ever wanna look like. 

Someday I'll learn how to apply lipstick that well.

 
Audrey Thorne from Twin Peaks. She's kind of known for her stellar eyebrows and red-red-lips. 

Time is meant for change, ain't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!