Wednesday, August 21, 2013

My Mom Loves Technology

My mom loves to use her phone (not an iPhone) and her iPad to take pictures, no matter where we are, no matter the occasion. It's freaking hilarious. My sister hates it but it's just too funny for me to be annoyed by it. But really, thank god she documents these things, because how else would we have a bunch of ridiculous pictures taken in airports and in front of famous churches? Think of this as installment number one of my France trip diary, while we wait for me to get my act together and get my cameras developed. (Most of these are just of me because my family is picky and probably won't want me to post any pictures of them here, even though some of them ARE SO FUNNY. (My mom likes to take selfies (or as she calls them, 'face-ies') on long train rides and sometimes I join her.))

[All photos by my mom. Good job.]

My new favorite t-shirt: "Feminism is the radical notion that women are people."
Getting an unidentified meal at midnight in Reykjavik, Iceland (unidentified merely because what meal does one eat at midnight, especially when it feels like 4 pm because it's so light out).

Exhausted and frustrated at the train station in St. Cloud because our train decided to not go to our stop and we didn't have enough sense to realize the trains that were going to our stop were just on a different track so we sat there for an hour, just waiting. 

Me, my sister, and her friend Charlie posing up a frickin' storm in front of the famous church in Chartres. 
Shirt: made by me
Shorts: thrifted in LA
Scarf: ~childhood~
Shoes: Keds (via Savers)

Me on my birthday, about to stab anyone that tries to take one of my snails. 
Shirt: my mom's in the 70s
Overalls: thrifted in LA

Trying to blow out a candle that was simply resistant to my lung capacity. 

Already sour 16.
Also the drink is not blue, the cup is, that's just water.


Sipping some delicious café crème near Notre Dame (yeah okay try and charge 5,80 euros for a cup of coffee somewhere else see what happens). 
Shirt: gift from my aunt
Shorts: thrifted in LA
Watch: birthday present from my grandparents
Sunglasses: France

J-chillin' on the side of the Seine, having a real-life blast, livin' on the edge. 
Shoes: Trotters (via Savers)

I have a habit of wearing the same outfit a million times, especially when I travel. Overalls just seemed like the right choice every time. Also, now you can see how dorky I really am because I wear my running shoes in public. Hey, if I'm going to be a kickboxing ballerina, I need to be in tip-top shape. 
(At the airport on our way back home, hence the obviously genuine sadness.)

Props to my mom for rocking the iPad and cellphone. That takes courage.


1 comment:

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!