Thursday, May 30, 2013

Just a Number

Today, my older sister turned eighteen. She's a superstar in every possible meaning or interpretation of the word, and I wanted her to feel extra-special on her Big Day. I bought her a pink sash at Claire's that says "Birthday Princess" on it that she wore around all day. She's very tacky in a quite endearing way (I think it works for her because she's so small), so the sash was not particularly out of the ordinary for her. I don't want this to turn into one of those annoying OMG-I-love-my-sister-more-than-anything-we're-BFFs-luv-u-sis because then I would have to vomit everywhere. I have a big problem when people cross the line from sentimental into sappy territory. The latter is just gross.

My sister also has a funky sense of style. All in all, she rox.

[Photo by me.]

I took this photo of her last summer when we went to Venice Beach in California. Her dress was made out of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles bedsheets, and her hat was originally purchased because she has extremely sensitive skin. It ended up being a really bangin' hat and a valuable investment. 

Happy birthday biddy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!