Monday, August 27, 2012

Trending For Pre-Fall: Diaphanous Details

Look at me! I know how to use a thesaurus! 

Hopefully, dear readers, you recall the last time I talked about sheer clothing, back in January. Wait, what?! January? Gee, time's fun when you're having flies! I hate when these trends overlap each season, because what am I to say? It's been three months (if you count from the spring/summer season to pre-fall). Nothing has changed. Well, a few things have changed. Overall, women are beginning to dress more demurely: hemlines are lowering, necklines are rising...just how I like it. I'm a Puritan, remember? Transparent fabric-wise, this means fewer nip-slips and more peek-a-boo arms. Mmm. Tasteful. 

Everyone loves a sheer top nowadays. Lots of people have decided to wear them so that everyone can see their undergarments through the fabric, and I can't say I approve. Maybe it's because part of my brain is indisputably wired similarly to that of an elderly woman, but something about the roots of the word "undergarment" leads me to believe they're not supposed to be entirely visible. Hint hint males who insist upon flashing their boxers to the entire world and subsequently waddle in lieu of walking hint hint. 

Take some tips from the pre-fall collections, because heaven knows our society needs a little cleaning up.  We're looking for ladies, not tramps. 

[Photos via style.com.]

Armed and ready: 

                               Alberta Ferretti                                                           Alexander Wang
          
         
                            T by Alexander Wang                                                Alexander McQueen
          

                                Alice + Olivia                                                            3.1 Phillip Lim 
          

                                Alberta Ferretti                                                       T by Alexander Wang
          

I see London, I see France: 

                               Alberta Ferretti                                                         Alexander McQueen
          

3.1 Phillip Lim

On an unrelated note, I just re-read part of a post I did on my first day of high school. Instead of getting all nostalgic, I was kind of repulsed at (I like to use the verb "repugged"--variant spelling is "repugg'd--which is the verb form of repugnant) how long my hair was, how different my style is, and how much better my writing has gotten, if I do say so myself. But to play my own devil's advocate (but why?) I was painfully unsophisticated for the longest time. 

I've been running around for several days interning at Lyn Devon, so the speed at which my mind is moving at the moment is directly proportional to the amount of work I'm doing during the day. So that means very slow. That's why I haven't given much fashion advice regarding these trends. I'm counting on Fashion Week to get those juices flowing and gears turning again. As of right now, I'm planning on attending seven shows, but that number is apt to change. I'll keep ya posted. 

In other news, three of my favorite people are in a commercial about a thing I love: Darren Criss, Karlie Kloss, and Arizona Muse are all in an ad about Fashion's Night Out. I'm more than in love. 

Have a jolly week! And kiddies, enjoy summer while you can. School is...gulp...creeping up on us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!