Sunday, December 2, 2012

Wintah

Before I begin, I would just like to say that I wrote this entire blogpost and BLOGGER JUST DECIDED NOT TO SAVE ANYTHING I'D WRITTEN, so I have to rewrite the entire thing. I'm kind of (read: extremely) furious right now. Back to scheduled programming. 

I have an underdeveloped theory that when it becomes colder, my desire to be in France grows stronger. New York is a beautiful city, but in the winter, the people become ruder than their usual stereotyped selves, and the mile-long walk from the subway to school becomes more of a slap in the face (literally--that wind is vicious) than the pleasant wake-up device it was mere months ago. So I decided to wear my mom's old striped shirt that was born in France (the shirt, not the mother) to channel my inner Parisian. When I walked into French class, I was totally in the zone. 

Since I went to a yoga class on Friday, I was a little too nasty to be photographed by the time I got home. So I put Friday's getup back on on Saturday and took these pictures for y'all. I guess more people roam the halls on weekends than they do on weeknights in my building. Let's just say it was more than a little bit awkward when the man down the hall came out to dispose of his garbage and saw some girl leaping through the air (you'll understand this in a moment). 

Shirt: my mom's in the 70s
Cardigan: Erik Stewart, also from da mama 
Pants: Garnet Hill (another hand-me-down from someone)
Socks: I wish I could tell you 
Shoes: Christian Siriano for Payless 

Peep the pants tucked into the socks. That's a little trick I learned from Hassan Sarwar (the brother of Nadia Sarwar of FrouFrouu) in a closet interview he and his sister did for Style Like U

This is where I started getting antsy and began jumping.  
A lot. 

Look at how far off the ground I got! It took some deep squats to jump that high, let me tell you. Sorry about the excessive midriff-baring, I tried tucking in my shirt to keep that little puppy in its place, but it just insisted on jumping right up there with me. 

This one is just flat out hilarious. 
Caught either pre- or post-jump, but either way it was a priceless moment I was fortunate enough to capture on camera. 

The winter also triggers my Amy Winehouse phase. Yes, that's a seasonal thing. Now you can be reminded of/introduced to Amy's beautiful voice and all around awesomeness while I rediscover her kickass-ness once again.


Have a great weekend, friends! Also, check back in tomorrow night to watch an awesome interview with some awesome kids on this here blog. See ya then, folks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!