Sunday, November 18, 2012

Superior Smizers: Saskia de Brauw

Saskia de Brauw is one of the most awesome models ever. I know I exaggerate things a lot, especially when talking about people that I admire, but this time I'm serious. She really is an incredible person. Born in Amsterdam on April 19, 1981, Saskia began modeling when she was very young (under the age of 16) (aka probably my age) (that's cray-zee), but quit that career at 16 to become an artist. She pursued her passion for art at the Gerrit Rietveld Academie in Amsterdam, and did her own thing until the age of 29, at which point she reentered the modeling scene. Since she's a complete boss, she immediately become on of the "it" girls, landing two Vogue covers in the same month: Carine Roitfeld's last cover for Vogue Paris (March 2011), and Vogue Italia's cover. Since then, she's been a runway staple and the star of several huge brand name campaigns. She's done Versace, MaxMara, and (in my humble opinion) most impressively, Chanel. Like, eight times. 

I couldn't find any of Saskia's artwork on the interwebz, but Wikipedia tells me that her work focuses on corporeal beings and their environments. She does photography and installation art, but she also writes verse and prose. Basically, she's an artistic goddess. I'm also extremely, extremely jealous of her hair. You don't know how bad I want her hair

And now here is a video of her that I posted on le blog's Facebook page a week or so ago, showing Saskia's endless coolness and intellect. 


[Photos via unidentifiable sources on the internet.]

Smizing up a freaking storm.

Is she classy, or is she really classy?

J-chillin' on a balcony in the middle of Paris. That is just how Saskia rolls. 

If I could layer like that and wear funky Adidas at the same time--well, I'd be one happy chick.

She can even rock chapped lips. 

Remember how I said she was the face of Chanel? ...Yeah. 

And now for some little chilly weather Beat music:


Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, 'cause it's almost Tanxgivin'! Those were two entirely unrelated thoughts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!