Thursday, November 1, 2012

Dans Les Rues

I respect street style. You all know that. I follow it loosely on the Internet and I am surrounded by it constantly, yet Mr. Newton's Fashion Month photos for Harper's Bazaar somehow went unnoticed by me until the other night. It's a time thing, I suppose. Since my posts have been both text- and photo-heavy as of late, I figured tonight I'd give us all a break and just show you a selection of my favorite Fashion Week street style photos. 

[Photos via harpersbazaar.com.]

I'm a huge fan of turtlenecks for fall, so add a tweed dress and I am so freaking down.

Ulyana Sergeenko is one of the only people I can think of who actually just looks amazing every time she steps out of the house. 

My girl, Hanne Gaby Odiele, smiling fo' rill. Probably because she's just so cool that it makes her all tingly inside. 

Caroline Brasch Nielsen, another one of my main bitches (I plan to do a Superior Smizers post on her at some point). I'm not sure which show she came from in this photo, but that eye makeup is amazing, and so is her jacket. 

So quirky. So New York. 

Kel Markey is suddenly on my radar of awesome-as-hayl chicks. I know she's from the United States, but something about this look reminds me of German schoolgirls and the Broadway show "Spring Awakening." 

That skirt is really quite scrumpdiddlyumptious. 

This model came right from the Ann Demeulemeester Spring 2013 runway show. I can tell from that hair. A funky hair part can spruce up the most classiq Parisian-cool uniform (striped shirt, black jeans, Chanel bag). 

Kel Markey really is quite a cutie. 

I hope this has inspired you to keep faith in the uplifting qualities of fashion despite the period of complete apocalyptic turmoil the Tri-state area is going through right now. I know it seems frivolous when some people are struggling to get clean water in one of the most metropolitan and commercial cities in the world, but fashion is a distraction of sorts. 

Help out your fellow cityfolk/countrymen/world citizens and donate a lil' bit of money to the Red Cross to aid the people whose lives were turned completely upside down by the hurricane. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!