Friday, November 2, 2012

Superior Smizers: Caroline Brasch Nielsen

Caroline Brasch Nielsen is a Danish sweetheart. She was born in Copenhagen on June 21st, 1993, making her currently at the ripe age of 19. I know. I just spent the last half an hour at least watching model interviews and it turns out that Jac is only 18! Can you believe that?? And Aymeline Valade is only 21! I digress. Caroline was picked up to be a model by a scouter from Elite while having lunch with her friends in 2010. In March of that year, she debuted at Dries Van Noten in Paris. In her first season in the shows, she opened for Valentino and walked in Balenciaga, Givenchy, Yves Saint Laurent, and Chanel. That is big. I don't know of any model who became that successful in her first few days on the job. I still can't figure out how she did it. 

Since then, Caroline has been featured in editorials, on magazine covers, and has opened and closed some of the biggest shows in fashion. In 2011, just a year after beginning her career as a model, she became the face of both Marc Jacobs and Valentino. She has been working consistently with Valentino on their campaigns since then. 

In addition to being a really cool chick in general, she has incredible style. She is frequently photographed by street style photographers for her quirky take on classic shapes and garments (see: leopard print fanny pack). If you thought Hanne Gaby had awesome clothes...you were right. But Caroline has got a pretty bangin' wardrobe as well. You gotta check her out. 


The subtle change in direction of the stripes on her breast pocket combined with the Alexander Wang-esque (or maybe just straight up Alexander Wang) skirt and the leopard snap-purses-cum-fanny-packs. Not one, but two. In varying sizes. It just kills me. 

Caroline looking cherry lipped and classy hatted for Into the Gloss. 

Are those her hands? Are they someone else's? The world may never know. 

What an angel. 

 
You remember this photo from yesterday, don't you? The jacket is still really awesome. 

I could call it a derp face, but she looks more like she's barking. 
"Rrrrruff!" 

Damn, look at those smizing eyes. They are penetrating your soul, I can just tell. 

You should also check out this video of her from FashionTV. I watched nearly all of my favorite models' interviews, and it was quite an incredible learning experience. Anyone who happened to be on my blog's Facebook page about an hour ago would have seen first hand how I excited I got about the videos. I think I posted about five in a row. 

Have a happy weekend, guys! Is it just me, or has it been Saturday all week?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!