Thursday, June 21, 2012

I Hopped Off the Plane at LAX Pt. 2

You guessed it--I'm back in California! I finished my last Regents exam at 11 a.m. yesterday morning, hung out with my friends in Central Park for a bit and then headed out to the airport to catch the flight out to Los Angeles. Yesterday also happened to be the Summer Solstice, and because of the time change, I literally had the longest day of the year: 27 hours. Beat that. I DARE YOU. 

The flight was pleasant except for the fact that we were seated in the very last row so we could smell the exhaust, there was a constant line of people queued next to us waiting for the bathroom, the flight attendant with the most annoying laugh on the face of the planet was near us all the time, and we experienced the most turbulence due to our location. Good choice, mom. By the time we got into LAX, it was only 7 p.m. Pacific Time, aka Party Time. We had an extra three hours added onto our day, and I wasn't even tired yet. The whole experience was so great that I didn't mind the terribly written club/dance party songs playing in the shuttle car for an hour and a half as we drove through Los Angeles to our hotel. Throw in a wax figure of Whoopi Goldberg dressed as a nun, some microwavable pasta and "The Colbert Report," and you've got yourself a pretty happenin' night. Well, not you, that's what I did. 

I'm always thoroughly repulsed by the garments people choose to clothe themselves in when flying, and since I had to go to school yesterday, I decided to wear normal people clothes. My sister also looked pretty snazzy herself, so at around 12 in the morning (I don't even know in what time zone) we snapped a few quick photos of each other in the hotel room. I happen to be better at focusing a camera than she is, but whatever. 

Photos of each other taken by the other one. <--This doesn't make sense guise don't try to figure it out 

Shirt: TO ToNKO (thrifted, IDK man)
Pants: Y-3 (we think their previous owner was a little boy) 

T-shirt: Gap (my grandpa had too many so I took one) 
Vest: Thrifted then DIY'd 
Lace shorts: Kensie 
Flannel shirt (or flah-nell, according to our friend Max): Arrow Blue Jean Co. 
Clogs: Dansko via my grandma 

That's all that's happened thus far. Our hotel is pretty jammin', with a fake Hollywood sign located near the pool, the latter of which is located above the parking lot. We're about to begin our beautiful and mind-blowing trip. I will report as often as I can but I shall be enjoying my vacation to its fullest potential.

PEACE OUT, YO!!!!! I'M ON DA WEST COAST!!!!!1``2111!!1!!``~`~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!