Saturday, July 6, 2013

Tell Me About It, Stud

From personal experience, wearing most dangling earrings or any earrings made of any straight up metal have always made me look a bit too ghetto-fabulous for my style. There's nothing wrong with ghetto-fabulous (it has the word "fabulous" in it, so obviously) (PS that word was coined by my freshman year French teacher), it's just not for me. 

One thing I always loved about Caroline's style is that she has some of the coolest studs. She has two simple piercings, right on her lobes, so she accessorizes them with the earrings hailing from the Realm of Badassery. I have six piercings across both ears, so wearing funky studs doesn't really work too well for me because the other holes detract from the awesomeness of the center pieces (the studs). But I'm working out ways to remedy this dilemma, mostly because there are very few things I wouldn't do to get my hands on the Fiona Apple earrings that you will see below. 

The perks of wearing bangin' studs are as follows: 
1) They're simple and understated, yet are unique enough to not fade into the background (here meaning your ears).
2) If you have the standard ear piercings, you can wear them. You don't need a cartilage piercing or a septum piercing to do this. 
3) These studs work with most people's styles. Caroline and I have very different aesthetics, yet I can see us both wearing these earrings. 

I combed through several pages on Etsy in search of some of the best studs out there. Here ya go. 

[Photos via Etsy.com.]

Now you can never claim that you're bad at geography (I don't know where Iowa is, either, it's not just you).

I think someone got a little frustrated.

I don't care if Harry Potter is not cool anymore, my love for it will never die, thus these earrings are a perfect manifestation of my ceaseless adoration.

You can only wear these once a month.

For all those grammar sticklers out there.

I guess watches are overrated anyway...(no they're not I love watches)

Pretend that you bought these in a foreign country and impress all of the people that aren't going to ask you about your earrings.

I make this hand motion so often, and now my ears can act on behalf of my mobile extremities.

I AM BUYING THESE SO BACK OFF.

Drink up, laydeez.

Has anyone ever made the Andy Walrus joke?

Lil' Frankie.

I don't know what painting this is from but these remind me of the sun setting in a desert.

I don't like cats all that much. They stare at me and bite me. But there's, like, a whole cat culture out there so for people that are into that, here you are. I must admit, these are quite interesting.

It's never the wrong time to buy jewelry, especially when, by doing so, you're supporting ~small businesses~ that are often run by women. It's a win-win for everybody on the planet because you are helping yourself and society and the economy so BUY YOURSELF SOMETHIN' NICE. Also most of these earrings are relatively cheap.

I hope everyone had a nice July 4th and is surviving the oven.

Things are crazy, ya know?

Okay those are my daily musings, your turn.


1 comment:

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!